Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harmful side effects of Iron Palm Training.

Oso Guest

Harmful side effects of Iron Palm Training.

I'm interested in finding out more about potentially harmful side effects of Iron Palm training, especially as related to women and Iron Palm training. Replies or direction to literature
    are greatly appreciated.

Matt

"It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion. And usually easier." -R.A.H

Kung Lek Guest
    Hi-
    A cardinal rule to IP training is that you do it under the supervision of someone who has mastered it fully and understands it at a very deep level.

If you follow that first rule, you should be fine.

Side effects that can occur when practiced improperly would be things such as :

desensitized hands, wrists, forearms (neural damage)

hairline fractures to the small bones of the hands and wrists.

callous build up (in traditional iron Palm, this should not occur at all)

skin dryness and cracking (this comes from using a dit da jow that is not formulated properly for the practice. Generally it will have too much alcohol and not enough active herbs in it to cause this.)

A word to the wise, do not undertake self directed practice of Iron Palm training.
    Also, do not practice Iron Palm until you are ready to do so within the path of your training as directed by your sifu, master or teacher.

peace

Kung Lek

Oso Guest
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have completed the first level of what I feel is
    a pretty traditional method of Iron Palm. For me, this was enough for now. I had supurvision from several sifus who had completed the entire program and I don't believe I suffered any harm. I have read and heard hints at potentially damaging side effects to your body besides the physical ones you have described. One thing I have heard is that women in particular should be very carefull about training but not why. Another is that all the chi kung you are doing at the same time is NECESSARY to counterbalance the harmful side effects but no real explanation as to
    what could go wrong if you don't do the chi kung.

Since I'm rambling a bit I'll toss this out:

Why train Iron Palm?

I'm not asking to hear the basic answers that may be offered, but what is the real point? To be able
    to damage someone else more efficiently? Or, to be
    able to recieve less damage from someone else?

I've trained for a little over 3 years in Hsing Yi
    and Ba Gua and the exercises and chi kung in those arts increased my energy level and awareness incredibally. During the last 6 months of that period of time I did the first level (sand) of the IP system that was offered. I felt a difference but not as much as if I would train the chi kung diligently.

Just very curious about this, especially my original question of bad side effects. Thanks for reading and any constructive reply will be enjoyed.

Matt

"It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion. And usually easier." -R.A.H

More risk of wearing down your wick with self abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have completed the first level of what I feel is
    a pretty traditional method of Iron Palm. For me, this was enough for now. I had supurvision from several sifus who had completed the entire program and I don't believe I suffered any harm. I have read and heard hints at potentially damaging side effects to your body besides the physical ones you have described. One thing I have heard is that women in particular should be very carefull about training but not why. Another is that all the chi kung you are doing at the same time is NECESSARY to counterbalance the harmful side effects but no real explanation as to
    what could go wrong if you don't do the chi kung.

Since I'm rambling a bit I'll toss this out:

Why train Iron Palm?

I'm not asking to hear the basic answers that may be offered, but what is the real point? To be able
    to damage someone else more efficiently? Or, to be
    able to recieve less damage from someone else?

I've trained for a little over 3 years in Hsing Yi
    and Ba Gua and the exercises and chi kung in those arts increased my energy level and awareness incredibally. During the last 6 months of that period of time I did the first level (sand) of the IP system that was offered. I felt a difference but not as much as if I would train the chi kung diligently.

Just very curious about this, especially my original question of bad side effects. Thanks for reading and any constructive reply will be enjoyed.

Matt

Are you interested in iron palm or iron bone (palm, forearm, shin, shirt)?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    lolz, 11 year old thread.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

holy crap...was that my first ever post?

derp...no, i don't think...first post in the thread...move along, nothing to see here.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

lolz, you've been here 11 years.

.lol. missed that part.

There's another iron palm thread out there now: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=64219

So what ended up being your experience with the training? Have you kept up practice these long 11 years?

i did a 3 year internship at a cost of $300,000 but now i'm a jedi master.

I joined the sith and got even more powerful than your jedi's, took a fraction of the time, and all it cost me was my soul and my conscience.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I joined the sith and got even more powerful than your jedi's, took a fraction of the time, and all it cost me was my soul and my conscience.
    Welcome to the club my brother and remember:
    There can be only TWO !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside...or is that the dark side?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I feel all warm and fuzzy inside...or is that the dark side?
    I'm not telling...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

A major bonus is i can just shoot lightning at my food to cook it myself.