Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: More shameless bragging

But this editing gig is for the birds.
    After the last dozen or so things I've read, I'd think it was birds.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

editing's decent much of the time (aside from crap for pay, which is why i don't do it professionally), but do you ever find yourself in edit mode when you're reading for pleasure?

i do it all the time (journalism BA), and i caught myself last night getting upset because the new dune pre-pre-quel didn't hyphenate a compound modifier.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

compound modifier.
    What size particulate was it...

sorry...

engineering stuff..
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Ironically, years ago my goal was to go to school as a psych major. Took some courses, read a lot of the works of early psychologists, then realized that I had no capacity to watch other people's mental suffering as the main part of my vocation.

So I decided to teach and be the cause of suffering.

As for jobs, mine makes great money and makes my hands bleed, and if I go in a sauna, I can feel years of splinters trying to escape. I've got good skills for working on my own house in the future, and I've reengineered my life so that my costs are very small. I just want to make a modest living and have time to continue studies, and as long as I've done martial arts and guitar, everyone has said I'm a really good teacher, and I enjoy it and have a good tolerance for the annoying sides of it, so I'm going with it.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

That sounds good KC.. wish I could lower my bills and just be happy w/ what I'm making....
    practice wu de

Originally posted by norther practitioner
    That sounds good KC.. wish I could lower my bills and just be happy w/ what I'm making....
    It took years to do this. I've paid over $20,000 in credit card debt off in my life, not including credit from cars and homes, and in the process, learned how to avoid that whole problem in the future by actually having a savings and emergency funds. That way, if I end up having to use credit, it's much less than it would have been in the past.

Originally posted by KC Elbows

It took years to do this. I've paid over $20,000 in credit card debt off in my life, not including credit from cars and homes, and in the process, learned how to avoid that whole problem in the future by actually having a savings and emergency funds. That way, if I end up having to use credit, it's much less than it would have been in the past.

I'm learning this lesson as we speak...

It's tough though, I'm going to temporarily kill my rating.
    practice wu de

Originally posted by norther practitioner

I'm learning this lesson as we speak...

It's tough though, I'm going to temporarily kill my rating.
    Yeah, on the great day of the wall, everyone gets a free pass as long as they run over a credit card executive and a collections operator.

I once did collections, for about three months. I was the worst collections agent ever. It was fun tracking down people claiming to be dead and stuff, but calling honest folks who were recovering from mistakes and treating them like criminals is about the lowest form of behavior I can think of. I had a habit of losing such files in my circular file, accidentally of course.

LOL, wish I could find a collector like you for my visa bill...
    practice wu de