Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Shaolin Americans

I will definitely be there can't miss this

Gene...will there be some footage available to buy? Maybe Lipeng should look at that, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested...and extra $$ is extra $$ right ...hell they should go whole hog and do payperview mainevent

Ps. has anyone else received their rules and details info??
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 02-14-2004 at 02:47 PM.

Gene,

Are other legit shaolin lineages other than the current crop of monks allowed to participate? Or, is this more political stuff?

mickey

it's not a political thing. there are several tournaments across the country that serve baksilum and other kung fu styles. this seems to be a first-time project to organize a unified competition for all those schools that practice songshan shaolin kung fu. things like xiao hong quan, tong bei, and perhaps some san shou component.

as gene said, as many monks as there are in the US, there really hasn't been any 'us songshan competition.'

just my thoughts

This tournament should be a lot of fun. Most of the shaolin schools in the USA are invited. Hopefully all will show up. A group of about 10 of Li Peng's European students will be coming. You can get more information by contacting Li Peng on his website.

Thank you gilgamesh,

mickey

please don't feel limited if you are outside the US, people from all over the world have been issued invites....the competition is the second one of its kind (organised and run by Lipeng)....the only criteria is that you're a current member of a Shaolin kungfu school. It is the biggest event to hit international shaolin kungfu since the last one....go along and check it out...will be well worth the time for any dedicant

In fact, this is the 3e international Shaolin competition that liPeng is organising..1998 and 2000 in Europe and now in NJ..
    But this one will be more special than the previous one's....

OK, I'm confused....please clarify the "Stipulations" of entry for me. As one person stated on here, anyone that studies at a Shaolin Kung Fu school is invited. But from what i'm reading and understanding, this is not really the case! I'd like a bit more clarification on this please.

Thanks!
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com

i emailed them for info. i told my shifu about it. a couple people were more interested in the serminars.

Basicly the tournament is open to students of Hengxin, Li Peng, Yan Ming, Goulin, Xing Hao, De shan or maybe a few other shaolin monk masters. This is because it would be too hard to judge form and techniques from other styles. It's not a big thing if you can compete or not. Just come and have fun. Take some seminars and watch some amazing performances. It should be a fun weekend.

thats just not true...I am not a member or student of any of those and I was invited ... if in too much doubt, check out the website or send him (Lipeng) an email...the more the merrier..I'm sure he'll be glad to hear from ya

ok...just re-read the invite....

"the competition portion is open to students of guenuine shaolin kungfu schools. The seminar portion is open to all . A number of shaolin monks will hold seminars on various topics. On saturday night there will be a masters demonstration" ( )details will follow on the website in a few wks..dated jan 27 '04.....

Does anyone know whether you could just be a spectator?

i emailed him he will send me info. my sigong is lueng li fu from bak shaolin eagle claw. my sifu was trained intraditional shaolin forms then lau family style eagel claw and my sifu trained with shi yan ming for a while so i dont see why our schools wouldnt be able to compete? :dunno: i have forms like lain bu and moi fa. :dunno: