Thread: hair loss

brucelee2 Guest

hair loss

Anyone recommend any herbs or chiqong or anything for hair loss? thanks-

Kung Lek Guest
    Well, stay away from demanding women and whining kids. hahahahaha, just kidding.

if the roots be dead, then the roots be dead. If there was an herb that made hair grow back, man, that would have been marketed to death by now :)

But then again, what I don't know could fill a warehouse!

Hairgrowth can be stimulated with a variety of both eastern and western treatments, but like i said, if the root is dead, it's dead, if it's blocked by oils or other evacuating substances, then there are remedies to clear the area out and hair growth may be restored.

peace

Kung Lek

Fish of Fury Guest
    many possibilities, but
    rubbing rosemary oil into the scalp can stimulate the hair follicles.
    silica, essential fatty acids (fish oil,linseed oil), B vitamins may also help

_________________________"I never drive faster than i can see...other than that...it's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

dunbarj01 Guest
    Hey Fish,

What about ginger? I have seen ginger extracts being used to stimulate blood flow in the scalp. This won't prevent hair loss but it may slow it by keeping circulation in the scalp well. Have you heard like this?

Fish of Fury Guest

hey Mr Impaler

yes, herbs that stimulate circulation can also be useful (ginger, chilli, rosemary etc.)
    scalp massage can be good for similar reasons

_________________________ "I never drive faster than i can see...other than that...it's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

Godzilla Guest

a crappy story...

My grandma loves to tell a story about grandpa and his older brother driving down to some farm in Brooklyn to pick up bottled horse manure. They were told this stuff grew hair. Their heads were almost totally bald! Grandma said grandpa smeared it all over his head and let it dry. PU, it stunk! Then he would shower it off and ask if she saw anything growing. Never, she said. He did this for several months. Ha, ha.

I have accepted my balding head. I keep it cut very short. I used to worry about it. Now I enjoy showing it off!

dunbarj01 Guest

Solar Panel for a Sex Machine

Hey Godzilla,

Nothing worse than someone trying to disguise baldness. :D

Cheers

joedoe Guest
    Shaolin Kung fu is terrible for hair loss - look at what it did to all the monks :D

-------------------------------------
    You have no chance to survive - make your time.

prana Guest
    once I met these bald guys in robes. They were very calm and kind. They had lots to give...

In fact, they were so generous, my hair mysteriously disappeared one day, and with that, the vanity of having hair is also gone.

Such a wonderful gift it was...

Recognise the vivid blue lights of Lord Vairochana.
    Recognise the blinding white lights of Lord Aksobhya.
    Recognise the brilliant yellow lights of Lord Ratnasambhava.
    Recognise the fiery red lights of Lord Amithaba.
    Recognise the pure green lights of Lord Amoghasiddhi.

Nexus Guest

Prana - Bald Guys In Robes

Your comment about the vanity of hair got me thinking. I read it today, and have been struggling lately with the vanity that hair entails although I have let go of a lot of vanity and pride and continue trying to do so.

I found your comments very insightful and went out today to the barber shop and had them shave it off. I found that I really enjoy not having hair and its not as bad as I thought it would be.

Thanks prana!

Nexus

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you. - Sartres