Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone competing at Arnold's in Columbus this March?

I might be going to the bjj tournament.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

lkfmdc

Feel free to pass the word along to the first three promoters on your list that they can post their events on our calendar for free. I know you and Cung already know. In fact, Born to Fight is sponsored by Tiger Claw, our parent company.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

*spreadin hate*
    I'm at the market last night… thumbin thru a copy of this here magazine… what do I see?… a big fool page ad of "got chi?" t-shirts on team USH…...… I put it back……
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Originally posted by Water Dragon
    Come fight at the Great lakes Sev. We'll put you on our team.
    when in may is it?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

April 24

Here's a link

http://www.shaolininstitute.com/Tour...d%20Events.htm

So far the team is Me, Crippled Avenger, and my boy Juan (Muay Thai/wrestling/BJJ) and I'm still trying to get Miguel in there.

I'll be at ABOC, but not competing because:
    1.I'm in very poor health right now
    2.ABOC is a circus(still better than it used to be though, lol)
    3.Too darn expensive!

I wonder if the freaky little body builder kid in purple underwear will do his sport karate routine again this year I swear, they have the longest freakin' half time show/opening ceremonies... what was it, 3 hours last year in the middle of the competition?

So we discuess this second time, agreed that at least for the B team it might be ok, but I am not thrilled about going.
    Look on the bright side, maybe one of your guys will earn the highly coveted "Super Grand Champion of the World" title

The thought of Miguel competing in the 134-145s gives me chills. That boy is a ****ed monkey of destruction.

Anyone at 155-164 for me to make an internet challenge to?
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

TTT

Suntzu, what day are you fighting?

It's unclear from the promotional stuff exactly which events are on what days.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Sev,
    we might be fighting Muay Thai in Hammond on April 24th instead. I'll know which show we're doing for sure in about a week.

2.ABOC is a circus(still better than it used to be though, lol)
    That is the truth. back in the late '90's, a sanshou tournaments were horribly disorganized, confusing, crowded, etc.. - they made high school wrestling tournaments look professional...
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

they made high school wrestling tournaments look professional...
    Dude, high school wrestling tournaments are professional compared to 99% of MA events.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli