Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Le Parkour

You know, when I saw the first half of the video I was un impressed. My daughter (15) can do everything that guy can and make it look just as effortless.

Then i saw the second half whe they were doing it in the urban jungle and went "Woh!"

Scarry part, I showed my daughter, and she's wanting to do it now!!

And I still say this is proof that Monkeys actually evolved from us!
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 12-18-2005 at 04:49 PM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

cool maybe she can give me some pointers
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Of course she can, look at how long she's been doing gymnastics...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

explain to ur daughter that the meaning of it is to just flow freely. all the tricks and difficult stuff is what u have to practise before using. the most basic form of this is just running around wherever u want. the more stuff u learn the more u can add in when ur flowing.
    that way there's also gonna be a natural advancement.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Le Parkour, Martial art?

I don't know if anyone is known with the art of Le Parkour here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of escaping. It helps you to get out of a dangerous situation as fast as possible. So if you have an opponent in front of you that is to strong for you or who you don't want to fight, you can get away safely.

Instead of normal running you use your surroundings to escape. That means you will use your fastest and most efficient way to get out of there. You can overcome obstacle's like fences, walls, sometimes even buildings. That way your oponnent won't be able to keep up with you and thus you are safe.

I find this to be a martial art since you are using the ultimate defense, no fight at all. Furhter you also happen to improve mentally and phisically. You might feel safer, you increas your movability, you feel more one with this world, your resistance ( health ) improves.

Most chinese don't see a different in offering resistance against attacks from someone or against deseases. It is the same thing. At least that's what I learn in taiji. So with le parkour you also offer resistance since your mental and physical levels wil improve.

I hope the true form of le parkour ( no freerunning with the flips and stuff ) will stay underground and will be praticed by more people. It brightens up your life and will open you up for alot more same as with martial arts.

If you want to know more from this art don't believe everything you read about it, much websites give the wrong information because they think parkour and freerunning are the same. Freerunning is just different, it is more street stunting. Le parkour is the real escape technique and thus uses no flips since they would only slow you down and take much energy while escaping.

Some trustable websites:

English:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour#History
    http://www.pawa.fr/Welcome/welcome.html
    http://parkour.net/modules/articles/item.php?itemid=2

Very good dutch forum:
    www.dutchpk.nl
    Live martial arts..

If you're interested in escape techniques like you see in parkour, try checking out genbukan or jinenkan ninpou taijutsu. ninjutsu is all about escaping and almost all the stuff you see in parkour can be found in ninpou as well. bujinkan is also ninpo but the quality of instruction is random.

In japanese, running up walls, trees or other objects is called 'shoten no jutsu'. Parkour rolls and breakfalls are called 'ukemi'. Jumps are called tobi. Parkour is a good way to train these techniques at a fluid pace.

There is NOBODY in any of the ninja orgs that can do anything like the Parkour crews can.

And taijutsu is just aiki-jujitsu, with much deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxbox
    If you're interested in escape techniques like you see in parkour, try checking out genbukan or jinenkan ninpou taijutsu.
    hate to break it to ya but..
    parkour isn't ''escape techniques'', and nimpo sucks
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffer
    hate to break it to ya but..
    parkour isn't ''escape techniques'', and nimpo sucks
    I'll take your bet, name a time and place I'll put money on it that you suck

What exactly could you call jumping over extremely large gaps between buildings, running up vertical surfaces to places that most people could not reach or rolling to avoid injury? Why do you think movements like these came to exist? It wasn't for looking cool on TV.

They most certainly are escape techniques.

And by the way- you obviously do not know anything of taijutsu, as taijutsu has almost nothing in common with aikijutsu. Leads me to wonder if you don't know anything about aikijutsu either. Even a beginner can spot the differences instantly.

There are more than a few ninpo instructors capable of the stuff you see in parkour demonstrations. Including jumping over high things, running up / across walls or trees, swinging on fences/bars gymnastics style, etc. Search on the net for shoten demonstrations, and next time don't jump to conclusions without knowing what you're talking about first, (or say another art sucks) dummie
    Last edited by paradoxbox; 01-04-2006 at 02:02 PM.

I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation.

Instead of confronting or running from your potential attacker, you avoid your attacker all together. You are using the fastest and best way to get out of there by not being there in the first place.

I find this to be a martial art since you are using the ultimate defense, no fight, no confrontation and no potential injury. Unless you happen to fall asleep and roll off your couch. Further you also happen to improve mentally and phisically. Look at all of the great TV shows that teach you about history, fitness and countless other things.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxbox
    I'll take your bet, name a time and place I'll put money on it that you suck
    Ah, the classic Virtual Tough-Guy bluff. YAWN.

And by the way- you obviously do not know anything of taijutsu, as taijutsu has almost nothing in common with aikijutsu. Leads me to wonder if you don't know anything about aikijutsu either. Even a beginner can spot the differences instantly.
    Take aiki-jujutsu, add some limb strikes and drama, and voila, you have ninpo taijutsu. Never mind the "origin" arguement. Takamatsu was a big fat liar. Hatsumi took the lies to a new level, got really popular, and has all you genbukan/jinenkan guys scurrying to get a place on the stage. The 80's ended 16 years ago, and since that time people have learned to see "Ninpo" for what it really is- a game for the gullible.

There are more than a few ninpo instructors capable of the stuff you see in parkour demonstrations. Including jumping over high things, running up / across walls or trees, swinging on fences/bars gymnastics style, etc. Search on the net for shoten demonstrations, and next time don't jump to conclusions without knowing what you're talking about first, (or say another art sucks) dummie
    Bull-scheit. Nobody's seen it done, and there are no demos on the net. The fact that most of the "high level" people in ninpo are over 50 may present a clue as to why. Oh wait, Ninja's don't show off . You're a rube.
    Last edited by QuaiJohnCain; 01-06-2006 at 09:18 AM.

I bow to your superior level of stupidity, you truely are a master. Can't find something on the net, mustn't exist then? Dimwit. You're straight from bullshido aren't you.

It's a good thing this board has an ignore button. You'll be my first addition to the list. I'm sure you're pretty familiar with people ignoring you, you're quite an obnoxious child. Grow up ya little twat. This site would be a hell of a lot better without trash like you undermining people trying to be helpful and informative. Bullshido will appreciate you a lot more than this place will.
    Last edited by paradoxbox; 01-06-2006 at 10:10 AM.

......yawn

This site would be a hell of a lot better without trash like you undermining people trying to be helpful and informative.
    Or liars like yourself.

You guys prove my point.

All the trash talking and adreniline pumping of a typical altercation but you guys are home safely sitting on your couches.

Another noch in the belt of "SittingOnMyCouchDo".

By the way, I have declared myself 10th dan in SittingOnMyCouchDo and am selling black belts for $99. PM me if you're interested.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

There is nothing I say here I wouldn't say to ANYONE. I stand by what I said.

Ninpo is just Shingon/Mikkyo Buddhism. Ninjas have no special claim to it.

Taijutsu is Aiki-Jujutsu with some salt and pepper added.

Takamatsu was a liar.

There is not a single ninja alive that can do what David Belle can.

And paradoxbox is still a rube.