Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Le Parkour

Le Parkour video?

Does anyone have that video of David Belle doing LE Parkour, but it was title something like Spiderman. The video had clips of him doing stuff with Eminem song in it.

Thanks

where's my beer?

That was F@CKIN' COOL!
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

How do you pronounce "Le Parkour?"
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

i was wondering that too.
    where's my beer?

I don't know the phonetic alphabet, but I'll try to explain...
    "Le" (not sure if I have to explain this, but) the 'e' is similar to the 'u' in "turn"
    "Par" - the 'a' is pronounced like it is in "Pal" or the first 'a' in "California"
    "Cour" - like "tour".

And roll the r's.

I have officially made it my pursuit to be able to do that. In a year, I resolve to have it perfected. In two years, I will use it in the ring. I think the technique is really cool. I saw on a website how they have a reccommended way to land, to take off, etc. it was pretty technical.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

hey sevie, I started working on it this past summer, it synergizes real well with my capoeira. Turned out there was a group around here that did it, most of them half my age but I get together with them about once amonth or more to screw around with this sort of thing.

I put my kid in capoeira, and he loves it. He wanted me to try, and the instructor doesn't charge us (he charges everyone else though. He spars with me and also the other thai instructor, so he says we're family) - can't beat the price, and the training is awesome. My second job pretty much stops me from training judo anymore, so for the past several months it's been muay thai and capoeira.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

so you're doing it now?! Awesome! Is this with the same guy you were telling me about back in the day?

I'm still doing it, I had to switch groups for logistic reasons (hope to return in about a year) but I'm doing it with another group that's much closer and as much fun. I know for a fact it's because of capoeira that the parkour is happening for me at all.

Yeah, same guy and same group - Nacao Capoeira.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Cool! Thanks that is the video.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity

there goes my excuse for not being able to do that kind of stuff...that dude is hyuge.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"