Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Le Parkour

$99. For a black belt? Wow I would be intrested! Your serious right? Your not just ****ing with me? Now I could get all the hot chicks!

Ninjitsu is also the art of secrecy and deception...maybe they ALL can do it (even the white belts) but are so good they deceive you into thinking they cannot....
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

parkour is not a martial art. Can it be used for martial purposes? sure it can.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

At some stage you gotta make a decision whether it is safer to stand and fight versus jumping across roof tops of buildings.

Personally, I carry a series of compressed gas powered grappling hooks made of carbon nanotubes woven with steel - very tough. That way I can zoom up buildings and swing myway across buildings. I'm thinking of having ninja stars but shaped like errrr bats because it strikes fear into the hearts of criminals. I shall call myself The Green Willow.

Parkour was never an ''escaping art''. Never. Sure you could use it for that today, but it was never intended as that from the beginning.

Nimpo does suck. And if you have videos of your famous masters doing anything even close to parkour I'll give you a cookie
    All I see is some dopes riding the nuts of the true talents and hope anyone will be dumb enough to beleive the ninja crowd has a clue.

Oh and if u were serious, I'll be in Switzerland in march, the UK in may and probably China at the end of the year. Other than that you can find me in Stockholm.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Quote Originally Posted by green_willow
    Personally, I carry a series of compressed gas powered grappling hooks made of carbon nanotubes woven with steel - very tough. That way I can zoom up buildings and swing myway across buildings.
    Those are standard issue. Who doesn't carry those these days?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

While there are parallels, common sense says that it is not a martial art.

@ Escape - in parkour you must move effectively on the path you choose. It is not necessarily 'training to escape,' but to move on that path with the urgency of an emergency situation would be the most effective.

@Jumping across rooftops - this is in fact rare and is in no way the essence of parkour.

Anyway wuqigong, it sounds like you have the right spirit. More training, less useless debates.

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxbox
    I'll take your bet, name a time and place I'll put money on it that you suck

What exactly could you call jumping over extremely large gaps between buildings, running up vertical surfaces to places that most people could not reach or rolling to avoid injury? Why do you think movements like these came to exist? It wasn't for looking cool on TV.)

..............it never ends.....

Quote Originally Posted by abobo
    Anyway wuqigong, it sounds like you have the right spirit. More training, less useless debates.
    Thank you. I'm very focused on being pure and simple..Pure people are the best. I'm pretty convcinced you're pure too.

And nice stuff posted here. Not a martial art, but useful for martial purposes.

And nononono parkour started as an escape technique and changed into a form of freerunning and all that flashy stuff because of free people. Only for some it still is real it still is pure it still is parkour. For others it's no parkour, it's free, it's also pure, but it's freerunning or tricking. If you think I'm wrong, prove me. Search the history of parkour. Teach me why.
    Live martial arts..

Fine, it's escaping techniques. I don't care anymore
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Lot of smack talkers here. Bullshido.com's mirror site? I wasn't joking about name your time and place. Throwdowns happen all the time. I go to them when they're in my area. I enjoy a good fight and if anyone wants to give it a go, put your money where your mouth is and sign up for the next one too.

I happen to be a freerunner, and I also study ninpo. As I said in my original post, parkour is a good way to practice moves you learn in ninpo in a fluid manner, normally they aren't done fluidly (running accross roofs then hanging off of ledges). Maybe I'll put a video together some time.

If you want videos of tricks from ninpo go search edonkey or google for shoten no jutsu. Name a trick in parkour and I bet you 50 bucks I can find the same move in a Japanese martial arts manual more than a hundred years old.

For a kung fu site, a lot of you have really narrow minds, it's surprising. Especially considering most of you probably have literally no knowledge at all of Japanese arts or language. I could just as easily say "kong foo is crap for x reason" (spelled incorrectly, just for you) even without knowing much about it (though I'm certain I know more about kung fu than you know about ninpo). Stupidity. If you can correctly tell me what ninpo means I'll give you a cookie. You'll have to learn to spell it right too. Otherwise knock it off with the smack talk, this is supposed to be a helpful forum, not a playground for dimwitted children to lash out at others.

No, ninpo does not suck, if you think so you are not a martial artist, you are simply a childish smack talker. You ought to crawl back into the cave you came, there are enough trolls on this board already. Could it be that most of the people here that have the highest post count have the least martial skill and knowledge on this board? Probably too busy bull****ting instead of training.

By the way, if you think Ashida Kim is ninpo, this only proves your ignorance on the issue. Ashida Kim is not related to ninpo in any way, Ashida Kim teaches kung fu (badly) and things he has made up in his own head.

Real ninpo is a collection of empty hand arts similar to jujutsu and battlefield arts with weapons. The fighting techniques are completely sound, the strategies are still used to this day including by soldiers and security contractors in Iraq. The philosophy is realistic and something that would do anyone good to live by.
    Last edited by paradoxbox; 01-19-2006 at 02:50 AM.

paradoxbox

I happen to take a look at the free runner website. I thought you're not supposed to be into violence or fighting. wat's this ninpo stuff about? fighting, iraq - security contract? quite opposit to free runner philosophy don't you think?

what will your crew thing if they find out you have all this angst? Not the hippy peace boy they all thought you were. LOL

and don't get angry with what I said - anger is not your philosophy. you're a free runner right, free willy, free runner wat everrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxbox
    If you can correctly tell me what ninpo means I'll give you a cookie. You'll have to learn to spell it right too. Otherwise knock it off with the smack talk, this is supposed to be a helpful forum, not a playground for dimwitted children to lash out at others.
    Hey, BS is BS. If you want to refer to those of us who refuse to be spoon-fed Hatsumi's fantasies as "smack talkers", fine. But it does not change the fact that YOU are fooling YOURSELF by blindy accepting what your "Shidoshi" tells you. Keep the BS to the same. This is a KUNG FU board, and you are clearly trying to "compete" by bringing up Ninpo. A passive-aggressive manner of- talking smack. You hypocrite.

No, ninpo does not suck, if you think so you are not a martial artist, you are simply a childish smack talker.
    Just because YOU don't like the FACTS does not make it mere smack talking.

Could it be that most of the people here that have the highest post count have the least martial skill and knowledge on this board? Probably too busy bull****ting instead of training.
    Nope, just calling out the people who train BS, whom, consequently are the real BS'ers around here....
    The fighting techniques are completely sound, the strategies are still used to this day including by soldiers and security contractors in Iraq.
    Umm, no, contractors and soldiers use guns, not hand to hand. And if standing out in the open risking getting shot or blown up is a Ninpo tactic, well then....

Quote Originally Posted by green_willow
    paradoxbox

I happen to take a look at the free runner website. I thought you're not supposed to be into violence or fighting. wat's this ninpo stuff about? fighting, iraq - security contract? quite opposit to free runner philosophy don't you think?

what will your crew thing if they find out you have all this angst? Not the hippy peace boy they all thought you were. LOL

and don't get angry with what I said - anger is not your philosophy. you're a free runner right, free willy, free runner wat everrrrrr.
    I don't even know what you're on about in this post, but anyway freerunner is just what someone who does parkour is called. Another term is traceur.

Green Willow-

Paradox box is a troll acting as an agent for ninjas. Parkour is mentioned, he says check out ninjas, with an insinuation that they do things better. Yet he presents no proof and uses the "do your own homework" cop-out to cover himself on it.

Notice that he's so confident in his knowledge, that he has to ignore some of us so he can concentrate on self-deceit.

Weak.