Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Le Parkour

Hey folks, some info relevant to this thread-

Since I am under doctor's orders to rest today, I took the liberty of running searches on "shoten no jutsu" on Google and Yahoo, and used the video searches in addition.

This was the only clip that was provided by a ninja, and it's gone.

Here is the most relevant google search. The only thing to be found are ninjas on forums referring people to- clips of parkour.

Let's see a clip of Hatsumi, Tanemura, or any of thier disciples do anything close to what the Parkour crews do....

The burden of proof rests on paradoxbox, who conveniently cops-out and ignores the facts (and those of us whom present them).
    Last edited by QuaiJohnCain; 01-19-2006 at 02:52 PM.

Notice how all of you are safely sitting at home while all of this smack talk is going on. Thus proving my point that "SittingOnMyCouchDo" is the ultimate martial art.

You all owe me $99 each and I will send you your black belts.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

"SittingOnMyCouchDo" is hardly martial.

I still (as always) stand by what I say. I'd say it to all in the face, too. My info is quite public, I can be found (and have been before) to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    Notice how all of you are safely sitting at home while all of this smack talk is going on. Thus proving my point that "SittingOnMyCouchDo" is the ultimate martial art.

You all owe me $99 each and I will send you your black belts.

Quote Originally Posted by QuaiJohnCain
    "SittingOnMyCouchDo" is hardly martial.
    Well, I think it's actually the art of escaping.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxbox
    I don't even know what you're on about in this post, but anyway freerunner is just what someone who does parkour is called. Another term is traceur.
    You mean like running away from the law - bonnie & clyde style? Do you like running or do you prefer jogging. I myself prefer to ride a bike. Have you tried ridding a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by green_willow
    I myself prefer to ride a bike. Have you tried ridding a bike?
    Riding a bike is actually a Ninja art. All the famous masters could do big air tricks and railings and whatnot. Oh and if you don't beleive me I have seen many videoclips on the internet of famous masters doing this. I'm also sure I could find an acient training manual on the subject if I wanted to.

..but it's not like I wanna post it here or anything
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Talking Best Parkour vid ever...

Best Parkour vid ever

Possible NWS ads....

Enjoy...i know I did
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Ouch! I can't believe I just saw this thread. Nice find
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Lamest Parkour yet

Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

funny but everyones got to start somewhere.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

True, but he's not ready to be makeing videos of himself yet. Since he insists, we are allowed, and yes dare I say, MUST laugh!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

ttt

So, who has seen DISTRICT B-13 (aka Banlieue 13)? I'm eager to see it myself.

SPIDERMAN is to Peter Parker as DISTRICT B13 is to "PARKOUR" by Dr. Craig Reid
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

put your mouse over that link and look where it goes to. Pay attention to the end:

article = 666

spooky indeed.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Wow

Eh, que c'est bon en esti, ca! C'est vraiment d'la cool!

Urm....pardon my french.

That was awesome. District 13, you say? Gotta look it up. Parkour means (loosely) run around, even though it's not spelt right.

So Melissa asks "Dad, can I go by Laurens?"

I reply "Sure, be home by about 6:00 for dinner"

Melissa responds by bolting through the living room, out the back sliding door filps up on to the rail of the porch, and does some sort of flipie/twistie thing over the banister & BUSHES, and lands in the grass, followed by a sterio typical gymnastics salute to the judges before bolting off to her friends house.

Now that makes a Daddy proud!

For the Women:

+ = & a