Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Choy Lay Fut Hand Sets List

Gei Boon Keun means "basic" fist, according to the reading of the characters.
    This form was created by Lun Chee as a beginning form for CLF, as I have read on Vince Lacey's homepage. Ive learned it and its a pretty good set.

We have gei boon yat and gei boon yee, but these are very much entry level forms. I think they are great to teach basics specially to people with no prior MA experience. We do these two sets every single night as part of basic training before class start, even with advanced students.

The first CLF form I learbed was Che Kuen, and I recall it was pretty stricky sometimes to get to know the different moves and then remember iot too. I think students who learn these two basic sets first, have it easier when they get to other forms.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Question Tit jin chern kuen & Yat moon kuen

Tit jin chern kuen, the form as i know it, is very long and has all the characteristics of a CLF form, and does not resemble Hung gar at all.

Yat moon kuen, as far as i know it was made up by my sigung, and was made up for beginners to help them learn the basics of CLF. Does anyone know any different?

Gei Boon Kuyhnn.

Does anyone have this any of these sets on video? I would like to see some of the other school's basic or entry level sets.

Let me know.

check the Lee Koon Hung Association Website. there are pics of Gei Boon Kuen
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )