Thread: Zi Men Ouan

Zi Men Ouan

Anyone study this system or have heard about it? According to the Kung fu/Wushu-Qigong Millennium Edition There are two schools of this southern style. The second one from Sichuan is the one that I'm interested in finding out more information about. According to the brief artical Zi Men Quan (Word Gate Fist) has no set form's. I've never run across anything that sound's like this and would like to find out more about it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Zi (Ran) Men ?

I know of Zi Ran Men, Natural Gate Fist. It has no set forms only internal and external strength training.

If its the same system then it was made popular by Wan Lai Sheng.

Cheers

Buddhapalm
    "In heaven and earth no spot to hide;
    Bliss belongs to one that knows that things
    are empty and that man too is nothing.
    Splendid indeed is the Mongol longsword
    Slashing the spring wind like a flash of lightning !"

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

Thanks for the reply buddapalm! The system you mention sounds very much like Zi Men Quan but the artical lists the founder as Lo Li Tian. Like Ze Ran Men, there are no set form's and the student is to practice as if writing chinese characters. Some Hakka art's have what is called "ghost writing"(?) in their training and I was wondering if there was a similarity between the two. Again, thanks for the info!