Thread: Price of private lessons?

Price of private lessons?

If your instructor offers one on one private lessons, how much do they cost, and how long are they?

Thanks.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

My teacher charged $10 or $20/hour

My teacher charges 35 pounds an hour I belive.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

$30 an hour for my teacher.
    It can go as high up as $45/hr I believe.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

My teacher charges £15 an hour during the week and £20 an hour at weekends
    Regards
    Peter

You pay 20/week and you get 3 2hour classes/week. Currently I am one of a few closed door students, so we get private instruction at no additional costs. Though this is completely going to change for me in the next 5 months.

I charge my students $10.00 for an hour of privates. But do not recomend they always go private for then they miss out on working and comparing thier skill with other students.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I know, I still want to go to regular classes, too. I just feel like I want a private lesson or two to catch up and learn some of the basics since I'm the least skilled person in my class.

But I don't know if he offers private lessons or anything, so I wanted some price suggestions. Right now I pay $10 for a 2 hour class. So maybe $10 or $20 for a private lesson.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

But I don't know if he offers private lessons or anything, so I wanted some price suggestions. Right now I pay $10 for a 2 hour class. So maybe $10 or $20 for a private lesson.
    Our suggestions are pretty meaningless since we don't train with your teacher

I think you should just ask him if he offers private lessons and, if he does, ask how much he charges. If he doesn't then you probably shouldn't be making an offer unless you're really familiar with him, and are going to give him a lot more than $10 or $20/hr. $10/hr is less than a number of cashiers at my supermarket make. It's really not that much.

When I go it is $30 an hour per person for three people. With just one person I think it is $40.

I had a private lesson last night. 3 hours of one on one with sifu. I got to spar him for about 45 minutes straight, it was good fun.

Also did form work for both taiji and wing chun. Did some dummy work, and chi sao.

It advanced me, so private lessons are good. It is also good to train with people your level as well.

So to refine your skills private lessons are good. To test them go to class and spar your fellow students.