Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling martial arts lifestylists - reality show audition

I seen that one , cheaters, a couple of times. I agree about Jerry Springer used to be better, but maybe it just used to seem more shocking. 2 years or so ago it was really good, they used to have more springer cam episodes. I remember this guy, who would go around saying he's a doctor to prostitutes, give them some pills to make them puke, then collect it in bags , label the bags and store them in his collection. He had book shelves of bags of puke labeled by dates, like 1990. He also had a girlfriend who never saw his huge collection, he told her on the show, got down on one knee, gave her puking pills, and asked her to be his " puke girl" LOL

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    tv is the debil.
    And your dog is Satan... I don't understand the problem...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

reality tv vs. reality thread

I'm not sure which is more entertaining. That's what I love about the forum, you can never predict how something is going to go.

As for those of you have have sent me your photos now, wow, that was fast. I'm getting more a response than I had even anticipated. That's great. Best of luck to you and I would love it if someone from the forum made it. That would be worth another thread, no doubt.

Right now, they are just looking into possibilities, so a martial artist might not even make the final cut. I'm pleased that they would consider our community as a candidate. We've come a long way in US pop culture. And I don't think it will hurt our image any more than Power Rangers. Come on... we're martial artists... what's going to tarnish our image more than the thousands of crappy movies we've made?

As for reality shows, my fav is America's top model... that show is hella funny.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Re: reality tv vs. reality thread

Originally posted by GeneChing
    . Come on... we're martial artists... what's going to tarnish our image more than the thousands of crappy movies we've made?
    a TLC special on Royal Dragon?

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    hey yo
    Xebby is back from da beach

questions:
    1) can they let in some ex-martial artists?
    I think it would be good for the confict

2) will there will cameras on the bathroom? will people be allowed access to dirty sexual material?
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

get african tiger in on this. he'd be perfect, and he's already good in front of the camera.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

OK, so um...is this just a "male" thing or can anyone do it?? And do they have any set dates in spring (if it even goes thru which i doubt it will). I think it'd be fun! But, i'll bet you that they just recreate the beach scene from Mortal Kombat a buncha times!

Wen
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

gene do you want a resume resume or our martial arts resume?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Yeah, I'm with Shaolinlueb, do they want to know our experience in the martial arts on the resume, or our work experience plus regular experience? And by fully dedicated, do you mean someone who basically eats, breathes, and [digests] martial arts?
    I have a signature.

"For some reason, I pictured EFist as a big black guy."

I've always said I'm half Cuban, half Polish/Hungarian. The prep look is new, though.

It's a reality show...

...what do you think they want? People with hot bodies. OK, seriously, they are only looking for ONE person. ONE. Stop projecting weird fantasies about a martial arts show. This is a reality show. Watch Surreal Life to get an idea.

As for what to put on the resume, put on something that will get you auditioned. Let me remind you all once more, I'm just acting as a scout and will not be involved in the selection process at all (except for weeding out the total losers and prank submissions). Now, if you're serious about this, think about what an auditioner might like to see - your looks, your martial experience, your presence on stage or before a camera. They probably don't care if you work at WalMart, but they would be interested if you've been in any films or such. They want someone with character, and I'm sure looks count a great deal. After all, would you want to watch a reality show filled with ugly people? Well, maybe one. After all, Ron Jeremy is on Surreal Life.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene,

On further thought, maybe its a bad idea. A fight on the set might not end up what the producers have in mind. If the person they pick can actually fight, and there is one, it would be messy.

It would go from Simple life to Law and Order real quick.

LOL, it would make good tv though.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

OH snap....well ok, that's too boring. I was thinking more of a "Survivor" thing with a bunch of MAists (that'd be kewl)...not a stoopid assed show like The Simple Life or something....

Oh well, maybe next year!

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

with that attitude, I think I'd nominate Wendy...
    practice wu de