Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eat Your Greens

The Mongol Hordes ate nothing but MEAT, and they conquered the WHOLE WORLD.

(ok, not the whole world but quite a bit anyways)

Da-mn you vegans and your lies! Da-mn you!

Wink

but where are they today? no more mongal raiders, but still vegi's
    I think, therefore I am awake!

It's easier to learn to do it now and maintain it in old age than to try and learn it in old age.

The world is my oyster.....Unfortunately I'm vegtarian.

Stim

You mean to tell me that the secret to a long life ,good health and world domination is to maintain your
    VEGI NITY?

(see what i did there? eh! eh!)
    Mike: I dressed up as an old Isralie woman once.

Tim: Did you?

Mike: I didn't HAVE too.
    Spaced

nope....

well for the good health and long life it could help, but genetics plays a bigger role.....for world domination you need to be part of the alumini, free masons, the cabal, royal family, and into oil......!

It's easier to learn to do it now and maintain it in old age than to try and learn it in old age.

I'm basically with stimulant, in a very unscientific way! I was veggie for five years (14-19) then vegan for nine, then basically changed to lacto-ovo plus large quantities of fish (due to living in Japan).

Was never healthier than when I was a vegan, but eating a balanced diet (I ran a veggie/vegan restaurant for a while!) had a lot to do with it.

Was always skinny, and always ate a hell of a lot, from before I was veggie... just have a very quick metabolism. Have only started putting on weight (ALL muscle!) since I started eating fish in a big way about a year and a half ago (about 8 kgs).

Basically, you have to eat a balanced diet, but remember,

everybody looks different,
    everybody's fingerprints are different,
    there's no reason to suppose that everybody isn't as different in their digestive systems either.

I've met veggies who should have been dead they looked so sick, and god knows enough obese meat eating wasters... takes all sorts.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

BTW the prob with soda is the phosphoric acid content which rots your teeth, your bones, disrupts your absorption of every vital nutrient, especially vitamins and minerals, disrupts your blood sugar balance, and may disrupt your hormones. Oh yeah and your prostate.

The sugar content isn't much of a worry after that.

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Originally posted by Mat
    enough obese meat eating wasters... takes all sorts.
    Whacha trying to say?
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

**** soda! I love it so much but when you really look at it -- all fizzly and what not -- you know it can't be good for you.

Funny, after a few weeks off I don't miss it at all. For me, as with most things, it's just a matter of reprogramming myself. I'm currently running on "healthy" mode now.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Isn't fruit juice just as sugary as some soda? I stick to gatorade and water, mostly, but I don't know if that's any better than soda.

I quit drinking soda completely for 1 year and felt great. Then, I started getting a Dr. Pepper before work. Now, I get headaches and feel sluggish without it. I fear the caffeeine more than the sugar.
    Caffine headache.. you're body depends on it, try switching to tea.

Fruit juice could be as bad as some soda's but generally not. Stick to real juice...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Greetings,

I was a vegetarian for a short period of time due to a back injury. I discovered that while my mind is conditioned by this society to eat meat, my body naturally responds to vegetables. I experienced a stronger sex drive, incredible erections, shining skin and sparkling eyes. I also slept better and had good bowel movements. For a while, the only word that would describe the way that I looked was "eternal." My endurance was incredible. The drawback was the reduced body mass. People were throwing me around. I was that light.

mickey

maybe because I've beena vegi since birth that I've never had any probs with mass, weight or putting on muslce....but again probably far more genetic than that.

About 3 years ago a guy came to our Mizong Quan class who did Lau Gar. This was back towards the end of my weight training days. Anyway, he was talking to one of the guys saying that as a vegi its impossible for him to put on muscle, to which my 'younger brother' replied "are you having a F**king laugh, look at him, his been vegi since birth...."! This Lau Gar guy's jaw just hit the floor and asked me what my secret was. So I told him....eat and train, simple!

I'm only 5'6", and back then was about 170lbs and could bench 270lbs for 1 rep. These days i'm about 150lbs and have no idea how much I could bench (but I'd guess about 160lbs). Although being no way near as strong or as heavy as i was before, I'm far more powerful.

I'm always found putting on weight via weights easy.

I've been trying to go veggie for years...

...but in all honesty, I don't have the will power. I've been veggie for several months at a time and generally lean towards veg options, but eventually I'm tempted back by some savory meat and fall off the wagon. So I wouldn't say I'm veg by any means (I've known so many fashion vegs - people who claim to be veg, but then still eat meat occasionally - I would never make such a claim - I'm an omnivore.)

Do those veggie periods make me feel stronger? Well, not really, but they do make me more regular and that is a definate bonus where health is concerned. I've also noticed that I'm more sensitive when eating less meat - a better listener in a "push hands" way. But to be honest, there's a lot of things I should give up for a more wholesome life that stand before meat, and I just don't have that kind of dedication at this time.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Originally posted by stimulant
    Although being no way near as strong or as heavy as i was before, I'm far more powerful.
    You've said this twice now. Curious as to what you mean?

I mean I can hit harder!!

more relaxed, shoulders / chest less tight, more follow through, more speed........

but thats more to do with training Tan Tui. giving up the wieghts only helped to losen up the joints.

my kicks are ok, but hip joints quite tight...they are getting loser now i've adopted a new stretching routine which concentrates on lower back and spine more than legs....amazing how well it works actually.....all my kicks have improved in a short space of time.