Thread: broken limbs

broken limbs

OK, this may be a stupid question, but if you break somone's limb, say the fingers or wrist (a small joint is mainly what I'm thinking), if the person is so pumped up full of either adrenaline or drugs (and so assuming he ignores all pain), can they actually make that limb function? For example, if you break a guy's thumb and forefinger, if he is so driven can he still grab you with it or is it anatomically not possible to use that hand anymore?
    Long Live the Fighters!
    -Paul Mua'Dib Atreides

Hmmmm

Hard to say .

When you consider that the first thing you are asked to do when a break is suspected is to move that limb or wiggle the finger.
    Generally if you can't ,it's a break.
    Mike: I dressed up as an old Isralie woman once.

Tim: Did you?

Mike: I didn't HAVE too.
    Spaced

I think it depends on a few things, namely the nature of the break, how it affects the surrounding muscle tissue, and how much pain the person can bear.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

I would say yes.

I broke my collar bone once (full clean snap) and did not realise till I got into work.

Adrenalin even in small amounts can cover huge amounts of pain.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

yes you can still move it....

the reason they ask you if you can move it is to see if it casues you pain, and see if there is swelling (both signs of a break).

If someones high and feels no pain a break may slow them down a bit (depending on whats broken and how bad).
    I think, therefore I am awake!

It's easier to learn to do it now and maintain it in old age than to try and learn it in old age.

The world is my oyster.....Unfortunately I'm vegtarian.

I've seen someone with a broken wrist give an impressive beat down.... only used it once or twice, but used it, and impressively.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I'm not sure that this quite the same thing, but i spoke to my father about this, who is an ex-qualifying olympic long distance runner, and he made listen to this story about how he heroically run this crazy marathon and came first with a broken fibular, the small bone behind your shin....so I'm gonna have to go yes...he did say though, that he thought he was ok, trainined lightly for a fewl weeks, tried the same trick in a meet soon after that, died and came 8th?....maybe he had too much time to consider his pain or something???...or it could-a -been that by then the muscles wre so inflamed that it just didn't work...either way..

Ps..champion effort regardless

A few years ago I broke my wrist. Immediately following the break I had a couple round of sparring. It wasn't until the next day that I realized I should have it x-rayed because of nasty inflamation and some pain. However, not all breaks are the same.