Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Li's Rise to Honor

Exclamation Jet Li's Rise to Honor

Just wondering if anyone has played the newly released Rise to Honor for Playstation 2. You get to play Jet Li in a Hong Kong movie inspired storyline.
    The good thing: Jet Li's fighting style is accurately replicated (he did the motion capture himself), and you get to run around beating up bad guys using his style (Wushu/Pa Qua).
    The bad thing: the fights are redundant and repetitive, and some levels are so difficult that I almost broke my controller out of frustration.
    My recommendation: buy it only if you're a Jet Li fanatic; but it's definitely worth a rental.

I heard it was pretty good, but a bit repetitive.. I was going to get it this weekend.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I heard it sucked. i recomend shenmue
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Well I heard he's supposed to put it all kinds of martial arts...but we all know...it's going to be mostly Wushu.
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."
    -Dave Chappelle on Tyrone Biggums

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

Actually, it's got a lot of Bagua in it. I watched some kids playing it at Wal-Mart. The fighting looked cool, but it wasn't very fluid.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Stacey Guest
    shen mue is cool...except that its simon....I like fighting the multiple opponenets...I like any game that I can use actual kung fu strategy to win.

definatly
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

A friend and I rented it just about a week ago.

I thought it was ok. I enjoyed the fighting aspect of it but disliked the shooting guns in the game. My friend enjoyed the gun fights.

The fighting is rather redundant, but throughout the game new moves are seen. Yes, Jet Li's style was wushu. This game has him doing wushu and bagua it looks like.

Graphics- Excellent.

Story Line- eh. Exactly like a kungfu movie...

Game Length- Yay! I was very surprises at the length of the game. Yes some parts are hard, but it's beatable

Controls- Kinda Awkward at first, but once you get them down its ok. Having the action(punch kick) buttun being the right joystick of the ps2 control did have me a little worried. Well, If more games controls were set up that way, I think I'd be replacing controllers more often than I usually do (never have).

Conclusion:

It's a rental. I would not recommend buying it unless you are a Jet Li fanatic. Would I rent it again? Probably not. Would I want to play it again in the future? Probably not.

ha ha ha...

Maybe they'll try again?
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."
    -Dave Chappelle on Tyrone Biggums

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

A little OT, but...

Has anyone played manhunt? Its the most gory game I've ever played. You can smash heads with baseball bats, put a fire axe between someones eyes, smash faces with hammers, Blow a hole in someones face w/ a shotgun, and so much more. Not to mention they drop the F-Bomb left and right.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

I've heard of it but I havn't played it
    dont think it's out here yet

get it...

You MUST get it...

the director says so..."now kill those ****ers, before I lose my patience."
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Rise to Honor

I like it. I bought one used for $30.
    Something that's different & cool about JLRTH is that it's not "flat" like one guy on the left, the other guy coming from the right all two dimensional. You could be surrounded by 8 guys & smack any one of them from that one spot!
    Plus, Jet Li's cool.
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

Havn't seen Manhunt anywhere, soon as I see it I'll give it a try though.

you can rock out in the fist of legend costume or the wong fie hung costume
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.