Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a fight.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

I have a fight.

So, I have a full contact fight lined up at this local kung fu tournament.

US Kuoshou Lei Tai rules.

A 'demo' fight in that it is only a single fight w/ no medal or money awarded.

What sucks is that I can't find anyone in town who will help me train for this by sparring with me at or near full contact level. I've talked to several people who have said they would spar with me but not full contact.

My thought is that I would be better off not doing any light contact sparring vs. doing light contact sparring and training unlike what I'm going to do.

Comments and opinions welcome....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

for some reason i thought you lived closer to me. I think it was from your niagra falls thread.

too bad I would have obliged ya bud, i'm all for that type of training, it's good stuff.

well, if yer ever up in T.O, look me up, you can get hold of me through my website or here.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    u need someone to do full contact with u?

STREEEET FIGHT!!!!

ok, just kidding
    (and im sober)
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

t'anks.

btw, I formally deny that I was ever in Niagara, Canada.

just, like, for the record.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Oso, I know NC's far... but feel free to come train with us in Baltimore; you can stay at my place if u need a spot to crash, I don't mind poppin for food either.
    We've got at least one guy with significant kuoshu experience.
    One or 2 of us may compete down there in NC.
    hit me up if you're interested
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

KUNG FU DEATHMATCH

WITH BLOOD COMES HONOR!!!!

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

dude, thanks, I doubt I can get up there between now and the 28th of this month, I have two seminars to go to and my sparring class for my students is saturdays and getting them ready is more important than me getting ready, they've never done any sort of competition.

I'm just bummed that a few people I thought I could count on aren't coming through for me.

thanks again for the offer. wait, hmm, I have a week off the 15th of the month. what is your class schedule during the week, I could maybe come up midweek.

Oso, Couldn't you go somewhat light like the Muay Thai guys do and then bang the bag and pads full force?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

sure, that's part of the plan, but I still don't really have anyone who is willing to do that...and though I have a couple of my students are willing, I outweigh my heaviest student by 60 lbs.

time for an old mattress and a tree, I reckon.

Well here we just relieve tension by grabbing our women for a roll in the hay, but if a matress and a tree is what you hill people use you go boy!

What are you weighing in at now?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

LOL...bas tard, you know what I meant.

Don't make me bring up the legendary fifi sack, rogue.

Anyway, good luck on your bout, Oso. Break a leg. Or anything else that presents itself.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

way to much...240.

When I decided to go ahead and stay at heavyweight for the jujitsu stuff I kinda stopped worrying so much about what I ate. only put on about 15 pounds but at 36 it's just a bit harder to get off. been ramping back up on cardio and cutting out the carbs. did my first mountain bike ride of the season today.

thanks CSN, I have my digital cam back so there will be footage to share.

thigh shots are legal and score
    calf/shin shots are legal but don't score
    so, I will definitely plan on makeing this dude crawl towards me if he wants to keep fighting.

...you know, unless he crushes me to a pulp before that...