Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I have a fight.

I hear ya man. I had the same thing happen in October after a full contact Hsing-I match. I think mine was from the elbow getting hyperextended during a fall while trying to reverse an attempted throw (we both landed hard). Have you had it checked out? We had a complete first aid station and all the instructors were trained in TCM anyway, so I had it worked on and it's doing fine now (joints are bad things to injure). Get well bud. Later. T.

Congrats Oso.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Oops! Yeah, congratulations guy!

when do we get to see the vid?
    -Sakko

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    thanks, joedoe and cerebus.

sakko: I will hopefully have it up by the end of the day. I'm very new to the video editing bit and Studio 8 was giving me fits yesterday. I will post the link here when I do.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Congrats Oso. Your elbow sounds like classic hyper-extension, but see a doc to be safe.

Looking forward to the vid!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

BTW - did you spar with JP? How did that go?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

tf!?! video!!!..... or else it just didn't happen ........ that cage headgear indeed sucks.....
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Originally posted by Serpent
    BTW - did you spar with JP? How did that go?
    No, I *****ed out after I threw my back out on my test. Oso lives close enough that I'll get down there and spar around eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

JP you're such a chicken! Just bend your back straight again and get on with it...!

Congrats Oso!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Congrats, Oso! Judo represent
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Congrats OSO, good job man.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Thanks everyone. It was fun but I'm feeling old.

I am rendering as we speak. If the girl is not too tired tonight I will be asking her to upload to the website this evening.

I can email anyone who wants it a small rez 17.5 mb file for each round if you can take the download. I'll have 320x240 on the website and it'll be about 40mb for each round.

Serp, it's better today. On the clips you'll see a round punch to the head where I connect well and back up so I follow w/ another but he steps in or I step to far and I connect solidly again but with my forearm. that's where I think the damage happened.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Videos are up here:

http://www.ashevillemartialarts.com/Video.htm

They are about 33 mb a piece.

Right click on link and 'save target as' for best results.

I don't know if there is anyway to moderate the draw but I don't have too much bandwidth on the site so it will probably crash if everyone hits it at once.

A couple of the other links to my students are currently wrong but will be fixed tonight.

be kind, I already know I was fat, slow and not in condition for this

I've only watched the first match. You had some nice throws there man.

Edit: Watched the second round now. good hands and feet. Whenever you two clinched he was looking to knee and you weemed to be looking to throw more.

I'm still looking forward to when we can get together and you can toss me like a ragdoll.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 03-30-2004 at 07:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.