Thread: Extreme Paranoia...

Extreme Paranoia...

Something that bothered me tonight...
    I went to the movies with my girlfriend, and there was only one line open. The movie, Passion of The Christ, was about to start in like 5 min. ( saw it because my gf wanted to, I'm Buddhist, but it wasnt a bad movie, pretty good), so I was pushing the guy in front of me alittle to hurry up. He was trudging along, and so I get my wallet ready, following him closely. Suddenly, he turns around while paying for his ticket and yells, "EXCUSE ME, you being too close, can YOU move back?!!?"

I say," Sorry man, I'm in sort of a hurry, just trying to speed things up."

Then he says, " I have a problem with people standing behind like that, MOVE BACK!"

I'm getting alittle annoyed so like the jack-ass that I am, I continue to prod at him," What the F*** is you problem man, I'm not going to mug you or some sh!t, I'm just trying to get to my movie with my girl." Then he looks at me, like he is trying to start a fight and walks away shaking his head.

Has anybody ever met someone as anal as him? I mean this was in a pretty safe/rich neighborhood, Anaheim, where the crime rate is next to zero. I just don't understand how people could ever get that paranoid. Maybe the guy just got out of prison, and was made a prison-b!tch all these years....
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

real nice san soo. if that was me I would of decked your aggravating little ass right in front of your girlfriend. some people are more sensitive to others standing behind them, how do you know this guy hadnt been assaulted before? christ, and you want us to be on your side? f*ck off chump.
    "If there is no grand plan; if there is no big picture; if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."

He he. Yeah, I wouldn't be very happy if you crowded me, let alone actually touched me like you did this guy, and spoke aggressively.

You're lucky you didn't pick on the wrong guy, and by the sounds of it you're lucky that he didn't decide you were worth responding with aggression to.

Finding it hard to think how you're going to defend your position, when you've basically just told us you acted like a pr!ck.

EDit:

Hang on....

"like the jack-ass that I am, I continue to prod at him"

If you mean verbally prod him then that's not so bad, but I would still think you were a d!ck.
    Last edited by scotty1; 03-02-2004 at 02:33 AM.

ah the personal space conundrum.

it's true san soo, according to your story, it was you who had the problem in that line.

"I'm a buddhist"...lol whatever dude. About as much as that guy was a christian I guess lol.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You did the right thing. People with phobias shouldn't be allowed to movies.

St jean sur richelieu (Montreal south shore)
    dodger87 You did the right thing. People with phobias shouldn't be allowed to movies.
    aaaaaaaaaaahahahahhaha...*coffcoff* Just be happy you didnt walk out with a shoe stuck up ur rear

Nice move Slick.

What do you define the limits of person space??
    I was like a good 1-2 feet away from him...thats normal waiting in line...

I dont understand how he defined that as getting close, thats what ****ed me off.

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    pushing people is asking for a fight, boy

you should be happy he didnt kick your ass
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

HAHA right...well I am a *******, but I wasn't looking for a fight this time.

I just want to know what is the normal boundary of personal distance. Isn't it an accepted fact that people will be closer than 1 feet away from you when waiting in a line?

Just be glad you didn't get decked and your wallet and girl taken.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

You didn't say you were simply standing in line behind him.

Most people would be cool with that.

But...

"I was pushing the guy in front of me a little to hurry up,
    following him closely,
    I continue to prod at him."

How I translate that, I was annoying the guy in front of me and now I'm wondering why he got ****ed.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

No big deal really, we've all been ina rush at times and drove a little closer than would be safe to the slow poke in front, ect.

However, no matter what the majority thinks is the "correct distance," this human being expressed that he was uncomfortable and as another human being -- buddhist, christain, devil worshipper -- you should have complied.

Also, as a budhist, slow down and enjoy the moment: waiting in line-ness. Maybe their was a lesson to learn at that moment ... apparantly.

Re: Extreme Paranoia...

Originally posted by SanSoo Student
    so I was pushing the guy in front of me alittle to hurry up.
    You were pushing the guy and wonder why he got mad? You have the problem, not him.