Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martial Arts around University of Chicago

****it, WD, we told you to stop breaking your toes. you're going to be confused with a judoka soon if you keep this up.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Well, seeing as we only do "bad Judo" (tm), that's to be expected.

"Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

if it's bad judo, does that mean you guys should have more or fewer broken toes?

i'm just talkin hypothetically. don't step on WDs toes just to prove a point.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

It's not my fault that half of my leg is made of metal. Take that up with the Loyola University rugby squad.

It's all good. WD uses his reach advantage really well in sparring, so I get popped in the face a lot for every broken toe.

I really gotta work on my footwork.
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

It's not my fault that half of my leg is made of metal.
    you sure you don't want to do muay thai instead?

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    you sure you don't want to do muay thai instead?
    Oh, I do. Makes checking kicks a lot of fun!

How much does a metal leg cost these days? I could use a couple.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Water Dragon

STFU! I broke the little toe on the same foot Thursday night.

Thanks for stirring up THAT painful memory
    which technique were you doing?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar
    How much does a metal leg cost these days? I could use a couple.
    I think Crip just salvaged his off a chair from a middle school cafeteria.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

ah - he got the economy leg?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar

which technique were you doing?
    Sweep from Spider Guard. I got my toe caught between the mat and the other guys knee.