Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Stances

Five feet? Wouldn't do me much good, I'm only 5'2"

Re: Low Stances

Originally posted by EarthDragon
    Well I must say in many of my years training has always been fun, but tonight I thought I was going to die.

But seriously my leags are so sore I cant walk. I went to my shrfu's house to day to practice Tai Chi. She had string all across the room about 5 feet from the floor and she conducted class from 4 to 5:30 having us perfrom the whole set many times from an extremly low position.

I'm 6'2 so you could imagine how low I had to be to not hit the string.
    I'm curious to see if anyone else has ever had to endure this type of brutality? And would like to hear your comments. thank you ED
    NO!!! ....but that sounds VERY cool...!!! ...congradulations on your pain !!

EarthDragon - what you described is known to the western world as a one-legged squat or pistol. We discuss them on this forum all the time. FYI

Sounds like an awesome excercise!

As for the one legged squats (or pistols as fa jing called them) I have tried them and they are very difficult for me to do properly also. We have a tai chi form that does this move in the form. It also has some very difficult low to high transitions. Since I have difficulty doing snake creeps through grass gracefully I think this form is wasted on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.