Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White crane kung fu?

Fukienese White Crane is a southern style which emphasises hand techniques.

It uses the Fong Yen (Phoenixeye fist), in fact it's the only fist we use (no regular flat fist). The reason is that it's specialized in pressure point strikes. Every strike is to a pressure point. It uses a lot of finger strikes, side stepping and couterattacks to pressure points. Lots of Chin na too.

As 'MegaPoint said, the kicks are low (to the groin, knee, shin, ankle etc...). And it is also true that Goju Ryu is largely influenced by it.

If you have further questions feel free to ask, as I've been practicing the Flying Crane style of Fukienese White Crane for about 14 years.

Re: Oops

Originally posted by BuddhaFist
    but at 6'3" and 230 pounds I'm not exactly light as a feather to be doing jumping kicks, etc.
    Have a look at Samo Hung. He may not be 6'3", but he's not as light as a feather either. There is no excuse.

Every strike is to a pressure point.
    How do you practice this?

It uses a lot of finger strikes
    How long have you been conditioning your fingers? Are they straight stikes or more like chops?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

>>every strike is to a pressure point.

>How do you practice this?

Most of the forms are also done as 2-person sets, so when practicing the 2-person sets you have to aim at the right points (with control of course, so you don't injure your partner)

>>It uses a lot of finger strikes

>How long have you been conditioning your >fingers? Are they straight stikes or more like >chops?

I chose not to condition my fingers too much because I play the piano so I don't want to loose the sensitivity. But in actual fight you can substitute the finger strike for a phoenixeye fist, or a chop (depending on the technique), but you can still use fingers on soft spots, such as the throat.
    The phenixeye fist you have to condition though.