Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My school and the Arnold's this past weekend

My school and the Arnold's this past weekend

Our three purple belts entered, and all of them placed 1st in their respective division.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

tats. that means sushi and sake, right?
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

really cool, you must have a great school
    OFFICIAL CANADA SUCKS MESSAGE BOARD: http://www.webula.net/dir/user/international/canada_sucks.php

nice...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    seven, did you notice any guys from NC?

all were 208 or better but one would have been a big corn fed blonde guy about 6'5" or so and 280 and another about 5'9" and 250.

there were going to enter the bjj event.

probably got their butt's pummeled...i'll find out in a few hours.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I'll ask the guys tonight. I didn't go - saving for some other competitions....too bad money doesn't grow on trees, eh?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

no kidding, that's why I wasn't up there.

they (we) train for the sport jujitsu venue but they found out that there hasn't been a big turnout for that at the Arnold's so they were going to compete in the bjj venue.

were any of your guys heavys?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Hey, slick. Congrats to your guys, 7*.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

seven, only one of the three of my training buddies had a win at all.

the catch wrestler who teaches us a couple of times a month took 3rd in the amature no gi. bald guy about 210.

they had a lot of fun.

congrats to your guys !

Originally posted by Oso
    no kidding, that's why I wasn't up there.

they (we) train for the sport jujitsu venue but they found out that there hasn't been a big turnout for that at the Arnold's so they were going to compete in the bjj venue.

were any of your guys heavys?
    The guy that got 1st in gi and no gi competed 186

the other that got 1st in gi and no gi was 209

the third got first in gi, and was 175, I believe. That guy was 3rd in the world in judo like 3 years ago.

There was a judo/sambo competitor who competed bjj for the first time. He's 185 and took a silver in the blues.

There was a guy who didn't medal that competed at 215 in the blues.

Yeah, I heard the bjj turnout was huge - they said matches were still going at 1am.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

yea, they griped about that as well.

I heard there was a 2 hour delay to begin with then, among other things, Stallone walked in wanting to check things out and they stopped the entire program for 30 minutes.

Did your friends get involved in any of the controvresy that seemed to surround the Arnolds this year. My teacher decided not to go because he'd heard shady stuff about the whole thing, and judging from the things i've been reading after the tournament it looks like he made a good decision.

Btw you wouldn't happen to be saving up for GQ West?
    Free thinkers are dangerous!

Not sure what controversy... I'll ask them. They did say that the competition was put on hold for like 45 mins because Stallone came in, and everyone was trying to get to him.

The main competition I'm trying to get to right now is the judo nationals. I'll be trying to get to others also, but definitely that one.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar
    Not sure what controversy...
    There were a lot of complaints over the judging and rules... the main controversy was the two matches with Pa De Pano. It generated a lot of yelling on the UG.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

yup, that would be the controversy (sp?). Wasn't sure if the supposed biased judging spread to the non-pro divisions or if it was clean there.
    Free thinkers are dangerous!