Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way for weight lost?

aw.axis Guest
    I guess the overall answer is finding a balance between excercise an diet. I am one of the heavist martial artists I know of and I like nothing better then good food and a few beers. I just try to keep things in balance as best I can. I accepted the fact I will never have a brilliant physique but I am flexible and enjoy my martial arts.

Good luck Silent Dragon, there is some good advice on this post and I hope you get the fittness and shape you want

origenx Guest
    Become an astronaut and you'll lose all your weight within a few minutes of blast-off!

Funny, I always skip breakfast and I'm skinny. I think it actually helps you lose weight because you haven't eaten since the night before and your body is running on fumes. Your body is in a short fasting state. So at that point, it must start burning bodyfat. But if you eat breakfast (and break the fast) - then it will just run off your breakfast instead and won't touch your fat reserves.

At least that's my little theory...

ttt for 2018!

Chinese medicine ingredient may help reduce obesity
    HEALTH & WELLNESS / 4 SEPTEMBER 2018, 2:00PM / IANS

A herbal ingredient used in traditional Chinese medicines may help you to reduce your body weight, a new study has found. pic: pexels.com

The scientists were able to show that the herbal active substance, celastrol -- used in Chinese medicines -- leads to a significant weight loss and an improvement of diabetes in obese mice, Xinhua news agency reported.

The findings showed the celastrol specifically activates satiety centres in the brain, which play a central role in the control of body weight.

"Normally, those affected lose their satiety because the corresponding hormone leptin no longer works. The drug celastrol we investigated restores leptin sensitivity and hence satiety," said lead author Katrin Pfuhlmann from Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen - German Research Centre for Environmental Health.

The study, published in the journal Diabetes, observed a significantly altered eating behaviour in overweight animals.

"The administration of celastrol resulted in significantly reduced food intake in the mouse model. Accordingly, we were able to determine an average loss of about 10 per cent body weight within a week," the researchers said.

To what extent the findings can also be confirmed in humans is still unclear, according to the authors. However, study leader Pfluger is confident, "The satiety hormone leptin in humans and the mouse is almost identical, so celastrol has great potential," the report said.

The clinical trials are currently under way in the US.

"The satiety hormone leptin in humans and the mouse is almost identical, so celastrol has great potential," the researcher said.

Overweight and obesity may increase the risk of many health problems, including diabetes, heart diseases and certain cancers.
    While I'm here, I want to add a link to this thread: Acupuncture and Weight Loss
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Zhao Dan and Guo Jing

This is not the best way for weight loss.

This is the way to get busted.

Chinese actresses jailed for selling fake diet pills on social media
    Zhao Dan and Guo Jing sold the traditional Chinese medicine capsules on WeChat and used couriers to send them to buyers across the country
    They were in partnership with a couple who were earlier given jail terms
    Alice Yan
    Published: 7:30pm, 19 Apr, 2019

Actress Zhao Dan, 33, gained fans after shedding half her weight in 2016. Photo: Weibo

Two small-time Chinese actresses employed by the same entertainment company have been jailed for manufacturing and selling fake slimming medicines, according to mainland media.
    Zhao Dan and Guo Jing, both 33 and contracted by Benshan Media Group, were handed prison sentences of three years and one year respectively, Beijing Youth Daily reported.
    A court in Beijing said the traditional Chinese medicine capsules they sold through social media were not registered with the drug authority and, under Chinese law, were therefore regarded as fake medicine.
    They sold the drugs from March to October in 2016, in partnership with a woman surnamed Wang and her husband, identified only by his family name Gu. The couple were already in jail.
    Zhao, an apprentice of popular Chinese comedian Zhao Benshan, is better known by her stage name, Plump Girl, on the mainland. She gained many fans after shedding half her weight, going from 110kg in 2014 to 55kg in 2016.
    “While I was live-streaming on the Yingke app, many viewers asked me how I managed to lose weight,” Zhao told the court. “I said I took the slimming drugs. They asked me where to buy the medicine and I told them to contact Guo and Wang.”
    They promoted the drugs on streaming apps and WeChat, claiming they had been developed by senior traditional Chinese medicine doctors and did not have any side effects.
    The group packed and wrote instructions for the drugs themselves, though it was unclear where the capsules were sourced from. They then contacted buyers on WeChat and used couriers to send them to customers across the country.
    Guo said they sold the medicines for 1,900 yuan (US$280) a set, making 400 yuan profit on each one.
    Their gross revenue reached 1.1 million yuan, according to the court.
    Zhao and Guo were arrested in February last year.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart