Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bruce lee vs. mike tyson: from a gamers forum

bruce lee vs. mike tyson: from a gamers forum

i quoted some of the best things said in my post which ill quote here. some pretty amusing stuff.

[edit] ... you may or may not want to bother reading my responses. they have been said here at least a thousand times ....

http://www.majistic.net/%7Eazaroth/f...5&pagenumber=1

there are many rumors surrounding bruce lee and i have seen almost everyone of these vomited forth on this thread.

ill try to address as many as i can.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bruce lee beat world champion MA's in less then 1-2round matches. he also is famous for fighting blackbelts without them even getting 1 block in (in 3 strikes).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

who did he fight. name one person.

quote:
    another amazing thing he couuld do is the "1 inch punch" where you can stand that close and launch someone 8 feet from a punch.

i can do the one inch punch. and if i put a chair two feet behind you you're going to fall over it. it's a parlor trick that is used to give visual drama to a very non-mystical body mechanic.

quote:
    anyways... him and his friend and later wc grandmaster william cheung are amazing athletes and martial artists.

he's on the bottom. that's emin boztepe on top.

quote:
    so you take 8 punches per second x 8 and you got 1600 footpounds of damage per second. mike tyson at his best hits for 300-450 pounds per second.

?

quote:
    bruce lee blocks and hits him 6 times in a second.

followed by mike hitting bruce once.

quote:
    Anyone who knows **** about martial arts will vote Bruce Lee.

lol

quote:
    Well, I'm fairly educated in the world of martial arts and fighting. When I say that I think Mike would win, it is not without thought. However, since it is totally hypothetical, and no real answer will come, to pursue this argument is pointless.

finally some sense.

quote:
    there are excersizes for iron body/palm training that martial artists like him practiced to toughen up their bodies using breathing excersizes, medicine balls and more...

i'm familiar with some of these exercises and they arent going to help you if tyson punches you in the bread basket. they are going to help you if i punch you in the bread basket.

quote:
    even mike tyson with a sword would get his ass kicked.

holy ****.

quote:
    many believe he was poisoned by people while he was in china who had been threatining him for his last decade for teaching kung fu and white people outside of china. thats why later masters i believe moved out of china so they could teach more freely, such as william cheung, but thats just an assumption.

actually the one challenge match he did fight that we know of for sure was against wong jak man who had already been teaching kf to whites in china town for several years. here's a link about the fight:http://martialarts.about.com/gi/dyn...t/brucelee.html

quote:
    how would a person that is in perfect health, excersizes ritually, doesn't do drugs or alcohol ...

well it's also been said that he did indeed do drugs and alchohol. it's all hear-say and i can't prove anything, but have you ever heard the dude talk on an interview? my guess is that he at least ate teh cannabis.

quote:
    bruce lee was the best martial artist to ever live

holy ****!

==============================================

ok all of that said i am a big fan of brue lee's and i have a poster of him on my wall that is generally the first thing i see in the morning (for the record im not 16 ... i have a 4 year old and a wife and still have that ****ing poster up). the man was awesome. he was an incredible athlete, a very good martial artist, and most likely a really decent fighter. but that doesn't make him a superman.

one of the first things he wrote home to his friends about after moving to america was the fact that he was going to have to start doing something to compensate for his size. he said the guys in america were huge and were gonna crush him if he took a hit. i believe this is quoted in art of expressing the human body as well as other sources. as a small guy in the martial arts myself i can tell you that size definitely does matter .... i know it and bruce knew it. before i got sick i was able to hit like a truck. i don't mean hard for a little guy ... i was hitting ****ing hard. but no matter how hard i can hit it's not going to change the amount of damage im going to take from someone who outweighs me by 100lbs blasting me full force ... nor would it change the amount of damage bruce would take from mike. size doesn't have to be the winning factor in a fight but it is a factor. a big one.

bruce had tremendous power and his ridiculous speed is well noted by martial artists such as gene lebelle and chuck norris, but the odds are still stacked in incredibly in tysons favor. im not saying it's impossible that bruce could have one, but i do think it would be highly unlikely.

i dont mean to come across as an *******, but the links and info i have provided have been provided to me over years of the same argument and i guess it's an argument i have grown tired of.
    Last edited by GunnedDownAtrocity; 03-12-2004 at 04:36 PM.
    where's my beer?

gda -- you sure that wasn't from a gheymer's forum?

honestly, some of that stuff just hurt to read.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

man, just let the dreamers dream already for cripes sake.

I'll bet you steal candy from babies and pop balloons at the zoo too

Kung Fu is good for you.

i know i know ...

i almost ignored the thread, but it kept catching my eye ... over and over until i thought i'd just take a peak ... to humor myself more than anything else.

next thing i know im pounding on my keyboard like a viking miget with a mohawk.
    where's my beer?

sometimes, gda, i think you have a direct connection to my imagination, because the thoughts you conjure up are as vivid as reality.

silly midget.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Everything here is the most incorrect imaginable
    Do these people have nothing better to talk about? WTF?
    Last edited by backbreaker; 03-12-2004 at 05:41 PM.

So who do you guys think would win?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Thumbs up wow...

quote:

lol
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

that's the funniest one ... because in the context of the rest of the post it's ****ing serious.

bruce would own him in 30 seconds? agreed. maybe less. hell it depends on if he wanted to fight him in a match or kill him like on a street fight. those are two different stories.

a boxxer is a boxxer inside or out of the ring. a martial artist is a weapon when they are not in a tournament.

i do wing chun, and it often is not used in tournaments do to pressurepoint striking, eye gouging, throat hitting ect. many martial art forms are limited in compititions for safety reasons.

where's my beer?

what's really funny is that on this forum we would all be absolutely certain that anyone saying anything like that was definately a troll ... and a fairly funny one at that.

.... but he's not ....
    where's my beer?

"a boxxer is a boxxer inside or out of the ring. a martial artist is a weapon when they are not in a tournament."

I love this...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar
    "a boxxer is a boxxer inside or out of the ring. a martial artist is a weapon when they are not in a tournament."

I love this...
    Ten bucks says that the person responsible for that comment IS a weapon, in the sense that he's light enough that we could use him as a javelin or heavy enough to use as a siege weapon.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

lmao
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

"Yeah, I reckon that's true, 'cause, if you were sending someone undercover to infiltrate the chinese mafia, you'd definitely want the world's most famous chinese film star, right?"

The word 'maroon' lends these wienerdogs unearned dignity.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    "Yeah, I reckon that's true, 'cause, if you were sending someone undercover to infiltrate the chinese mafia, you'd definitely want the world's most famous chinese film star, right?"

The word 'maroon' lends these wienerdogs unearned dignity.
    Indeed. But "moron" seems closer to fitting the bill.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.