Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6000 Strong

6000 Strong

Our membership just crossed 6000. Of course, many sign up and never post, but it nice to see that big fat number for members. Thanks for all your support. And keep telling your friends.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Actually, I don't tell my friends. I get enough grief for the Star Wars stuff in my house....
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

60 intelligent members

5940 fools

Our membership just crossed 6000. Of course, many sign up and never post
    Or have 3 aliases
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

It seems to me that 600 would be more like it, if not too high an estimate. There must be a looooot of people who don't post! (Not that I don't think such a fine e-establishment would not merit quadruple that number)

The original number.

well some people aren't equipped to handle the antics of many of you yahoos. lol

This is the way it is in most societies. That's why ballots are secret! So people don't have to expose what they really feel or really think.

And then we have real leaders, who aren't afraid at all to go against the grain of convention.

Then we also have people who just plain don't get it and wander in here to ask where the bathroom is and get mugged. even though there is a clear sign stating "if you ask where the bathroom is as your first question, you will be mugged"

Man, I have seen some archtypes here though, heck, I've even been one now and again!

I remember when there was only 600 of us and the board looked like a hilroy notepad. anyone else remember that?

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I remember when they didn't allow Canadians on the board.

*soft music in the background as H2O reminisces*

You're just jealous because you can't get a cup of coffee without spit in it outside of the US
    Kung Fu is good for you.

now all we need is for half those people to post so we odnt have to listen to NP, MK, and KL all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
    now all we need is for half those people to post so we odnt have to listen to NP, MK, and KL all the time
    I'm all for more CMA people taking over the conversations so I don't have to; unfortunately, most of the CMA people here don't have the balls to stand up for themselves....
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

come on mk, you and me, back to back and toe to toe against all these fairies whining about how we won't fight them cause our skills is too deadly

ha ha, well, we don't have to be in the the ring, let's just take em all out. They're like ninjas anyway and don't know how to attack all at the same time, so one by one is easy.

lol

anyway, I agree with that. 2000 points to shaolinlueb for bringing it up.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    come on mk, you and me, back to back and toe to toe against all these fairies whining about how we won't fight them cause our skills is too deadly

ha ha, well, we don't have to be in the the ring, let's just take em all out. They're like ninjas anyway and don't know how to attack all at the same time, so one by one is easy.

lol

anyway, I agree with that. 2000 points to shaolinlueb for bringing it up.
    dont forget about 7*, IF and GC too
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I'm one of those guys who posts about once every month or so who's been a member forever...

Every now and then I read something and type out a response, then erase it when I realize that I really don't have the time to explain/defend my position with 100+ follow ups.

KL - " I remember when there was only 600 of us and the board looked like a hilroy notepad."

I remember back on the old KFO servers passing through some VERY ugly colors that hurt my eyes...that was when I first started nosing around these parts. I can even remember when Watchman used to post...and not just "<fill in the blank> is correct."
    And rogue would post things just to stir up trouble...wait a minute...some things never change.
    Keep it simple, stupid.