Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: quicktime clips

quicktime clips

Any comments on the clip (will have more when I figure out how to post).

A type of long range training for attempting to close the gap.

http://tainan.colugo.org/

Thumbs up How about....

Nicely done! But then it looks like you are going half speed 'cause I know you can go much faster than this, man.

Seriously, it's great. Hands are clear and pretty sharp. The Shan Zhuan, which here is interpreted with the Nao Hao Sheng Feng, is very fluid. I think it also a good idea to add the chuan chui (round house punch). I see your 4 main entry techs as well. Come to think of it, you might want to add Kao (backfist as in Kao da) plus the Tiao (lifting) and An (pressing) with the kick. All in all, mI likes very mooooch. The only thing is - why cut off at the hair grab???

This type of live drill with footwork and all are just what we needed to showcase mantis in action. Well done, my friend.

Warmest regards

Robert

PS Looking forward for more....
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

why cannot I not view this clip? I get promted to a parent dir and floder but cannot open either
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Does the same thing happen if you click on this link? If so, then you might want to save the file to your own harddrive first and then view it locally. The clip requires the Quicktime Player to view.
    -Mr.Binx

"I think therefore I think I am."

the slow poke

Mantis108,
    I can not tell a lie.
    My full speed is your half speed.
    My student Shao Xun looks a little confused as I make him rely more on skill and less on knowing a drill.
    In fact that day is the first he trained this.

I kept it short to showcase a specific aspect.

Sun Bin speaks

The following shows Sun Bin's reliance on aggressive strategies in battle.

Tien Ji was asking Sun Bin about "the most urgent matters in military operations." Each example brought forth by Tien Ji was acknowledged by Sun Bin as important but "not at all" most important.

At last, "Tien Ji flushed and said with irritation, these six factors are utilized by all those good at military operations, and yet you, sir, claim that they are not the most urgent considerations?"

Master Sun replied,"...but the most urgent matter in military affairs is to always take the offensive rather than the defensive..."

Within these posted clips you see me on the offensive, but what about my partner who looks to be playing a non -agressive defense?

details of Shao Xun clip

From the left stance I lure out my opponents left hand in order to secure it so that I can throw the homerun style right hook punch.
    It is powerful, but easy to block.

He blocks my hook punch with his right hand.

My left hand follows his block pushing it up and out.
    This creates a hole at his solar plexus which I take advantage of by rushing in with a right punch.

In the above example my opponent is passive and lacking in offensive manouvres.
    It can clearly be seen in the clip that he is not aggressively defending.
    Here is an example of how his passive defense could be become aggresive defense(sorry no clip to view this yet).

His right hand blocking my slow right hook hook would best be used to punch me in the nose.

To save my face my slow right hook instead blocks down with my left hand also following to block downward(originally it pushed up)
    My right foot still steps in but, now the solar plexus punch is a backfist to his nose or eye socket.

Both examples of what I do are similar as far as body mechanics go with alterations easily made along the way.
    The difference in what I do is based on him and his degree of aggression.

So the skill required is being able to read his aggressive nature while I am in the midst of attacking.

My only comment is, and trust me take this with less than a grain of salt, because I have only just begun as a student... I mean literally, I'm not even 3 months in...

In the hit to the waist movie, it seems that the first jab the guy in the blue t-shirt throws, is going above the other guys head (I assume you) as opposed to directly at its target.

Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 of those video clips, thank you for sharing.

K,
    Good eye.
    The guy in blue, Zak, is intercepting my punch with a block.
    His block is a punch.

We are slow in this clip as it is showing a technique not really trying to hit.

But this brings up a good point.
    Which is how do you start contact with someone who is well defended and offers no chance for a successful good first strike?

It is to provoke him or lure him out with his hand or foot or a body motion so I can apply the clever technique

Smile Hi Tainan,

Man, you are too modest! Anyway, do we have an ETA on your Meihwalu video? I think it's about time to have another wonderful material from you.

Warmest regards

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Thanks for the explanation and for the chance to view those clips.

Shr Zhengzhong

Rush has posted 2 clips of my shrfu, thanks Rush, performong the Mimen lanjie form.
    The first road is many years ago at Tainan Confucious temple.
    The 2nd road is early 90's. It has a section of Mimen 4th zhai yao added if you are wondering what those extra moves are.

This type of PM motion is a little different from other versions that are usually seen these days.
    Zhang Dekuei himself never used the term Mimen Tanglang, but said it is gu tanglang.
    Which means old.

This type of motion is taught in the 7 basic roads of his style.
    He demanded 6 months of training in these 7 roads before starting the first form.
    His first form was lanjie, most essential of his style as well as easiest.

Tainan's quicktime clips from an older message thread have been moved over to tainan.colugo.org as well. The Mimen lanjie clips that Tainan has just introduced to us are the ones labeled luanjie 1st.mov and luanjie 2nd.mov.

New clip

A new clip has been added called "Kevin & Zak"

There are four exchanges.
    1. -double sealing low leaking. This is the punch to chest and neck.
    -Finishes with adding punch(bu chuei).

2. -double sealing low leaking.
    -sealing with backfist.
    -adding punch.

3. -Plucking with eye protecting palm(tsai shou hu yen zhang).
    -plucking with inner elbow(tsai shou ge zhou).
    Here ge zhou can also be called hook punch(chuen chuei).
    -adding punch.

4.-same as 3.

In 3 and 4 you see a good example of Zak applying fanche in its defensive mode.

No comments on the Kevin&Zak clip?
    Anybody see it?

I need feedback, good or bad, or I can't always remember to post new clips.

Well, here is a clip of my Shrfu called, "Shr ZhengZhong's Beng Bu"

It includes most of the first road.
    I had to take out the 1st move to fit it in the time limit.

I posted this road so you can see how he puts a very large emphasis on running forward.
    This is because once contact is made, no matter how the opponent tries to extricate himself, the aggressor should keep connected to apply the final technique, in this case the folding elbow.

Also, is part of the third road.
    This version differs from other schools in that there is more forward momentum and more distance covered.