Thread: just wondering

just wondering

i 've seen some videos about kickboxing and the mixed martial arts matches that when they fighter goes for a shin kick on the upper leg, their leg breaks completely...why does this happen and is it safe to do this technique and what are the chances of that happening?

I'd venture to guess that you've only seen one video in which that happens. I know I've only seen the one. So to my knowledge, it doesn't happen very often.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

i've seen a few, but most of those are from tourneys in which someone fights several opponents on the way to a final. mark hunt had a bad going a couple years back in k-1, just because of constantly being kicked in the same spot. it happens. it's infrequent, but it happens, particularly when you don't give your body a chance to rest after having the stuffing kicked out of it by someone else.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

not enough conditioning I would imagine would do that too. I've only seen one video and it's authenticity is dubious at best.

It doesn't happen enough to deem a shin block as "unsafe".
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

thanks for the insight

It doesn't happen enough to deem a shin block as "unsafe".
    or better yet, it doesn't happen often enough to deem a shin block as worse than eating a shin kick in your lower torso or inner thigh.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

two words

groin blocks
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."