Thread: Drinking Tea

Drinking Tea

What kind of tea do you drink?

What flavour tea do you drink?

How many times a day do you drink tea?

When do you drink tea?

Why do you drink tea?

I don't, usually, because I try to avoid all caffeine.

I dunno. I don't like very many flavors of tea. Sometimes I drink Green Tea for its antioxidents.

Zero, usually. Or once in the morning. But seriously... I have tea maybe once every two months.

When do you drink tea?

In the morning.

Why do you drink tea?

Health reasons.

Sorry, those weren't the answers you were looking for

Edit - Some of my Indian friends gave me some Indian tea once. They called it "ja" (or maybe "cha") in Punjabi. It was awesome. It's the kind you put milk in, if that helps anyone know what I'm talking about.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Several different kinds. But Cat's Claw, Coca Leaf, Camomille and Lemon Grass are regulars.

Look above.

A lot. I tend to replace water (or any other beverage, except milk and OJ/Grape Juice) with tea.

When do you drink tea?

I don't tend to drink it with meals though.

Why do you drink tea?

I started it as a coffee replacement (but then, I didn't drink it that much), but I got caught by the taste. Oh, health reasons as well.

Ironfist, I don't know in India how it's called, but in portuguese it's "Chá" as well (t'cha). Just letting you know...

[i]
    Ironfist, I don't know in India how it's called, but in portuguese it's "Chá" as well (t'cha). Just letting you know... [/B]
    I saw a paper or something once called something like "there are only two words for 'tea'."

It basically talked about how in every language, the word for "tea" is either something like "tea" (te, ti, tea, etc.) or something like "cha" (chá, ja, jya, cha, etc.). It was pretty interesting.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Re: Drinking Tea

I am avid cha lover. If you never been to a chinese tea house, then you should try to visit one if you want to truly experience cha (tea). I grew up drinking teas and my favorite tea are chyrsanthenum, black, red, and green teas.

I usually drink tea twice a day. I try to at least drink teas once a day during yum cha (lunch).

When do you drink tea?

During the afternoon at Lunch or in the morning before I do any cardio. I drink a cup of green tea as a poor man's fat burner

Why do you drink tea?

1. taste
    2. health
    3. social experience
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

Iced

sugary

the appropriate question is how many gallons a day

When do you drink tea?

when I'm not sleeping

Why do you drink tea?

This is Texas, I was raised on it. Although probably not the tea that you are talking about.

Re: Drinking Tea

Green leaf.

At the moment some gunpowder from the local Chinese supermarket.

I take a litre in a thermos each day.

When do you drink tea?
    Slowly all day. The majority in the afternoon.

Why do you drink tea?
    Health reasons. I used to drink cordial. Switched to tea for numerous benefits.

Jap Green Tea(good stuff in the morning)
    Oolong (usually cold)
    Purah (after oilly dishes)
    Genmai Cha(My missus is Japanese so I have too)
    Hong Cha(red tea)only one with sugar,not my fourvite now despite my Ma& Pa being stoute red tea people

When I lived in China I tasted heaps of different varieties usually on the strong side, but I find Jap green tea to be the most refreshing.
    Why, because I like the flavour and its a social drink for this age in my life.
    I still drink coffee so can't really cite any health reasons just enjoy tea.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

I drink one cup of Spiced Chai to wake me up and gather my thoughts...Regardless if there is caffine, drinking tea for me is a relaxing experience.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Any one know of a tea called Po Lei... thats how it is pronounced... don't know the spelling...

It was suggested to go with oily/greasy foods.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

1. chinese green tea form fujian. that is all i know

2. jasmine

3. used to be 3 times a day now im a bum at 0-1

4. [shakira voice] where ever whenever [/shakira voice]

5. clean the system of toxins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by norther practitioner
    Any one know of a tea called Po Lei... thats how it is pronounced... don't know the spelling...

It was suggested to go with oily/greasy foods.
    exactly!...especially in china they eat alot of seriously greasy food, and drink up to 20 cups of tea in a day...if you're at a restaurant the waitress/waiter will nearly always refill your cup with green tea until you leave...

The hot water helps to breaks down the oils and deal with sugar ( alternating with cold water).....they have no lemon juice and not many of them are overweight, so I figure it works??

Hey Iron...you do know that the science says caffeine is a healthy addition to diet and can do all sorts of crazy sh9t, like even minmize suseptablity to cancer, boost metabolism, increase immune function etc right?

up to three cups/tspns a day is better than none...but nxt week they'll probably come back and tell us that they forgot to mention, it"ll lso cut our life span by 10-20

ps...definately green tea for a. hydration
    and
    b.antioxidents
    c. to deal with carbs

nearly every reaction tat happens in the body happens in fluid (water), so any way you get it is gonna make you function better....

black vs green

Drinking green tea, rather than black, may help you live longer, new study suggests
    By Katie Hunt, CNN
    Updated 3:29 AM ET, Thu January 9, 2020

(CNN)Drinking tea at least three times a week could reduce the risk of dying from cardiovascular disease and is linked with a longer and healthier life, at least in China, a new study suggests.

Chinese researchers found the health benefits associated with tea were more pronounced for drinkers of green, rather than black tea, and for those who had been drinking tea regularly over a longer period of time. The benefits were also clearer among men, the study indicated.
    Researchers looked at data from 100,902 Chinese people with no history of heart attack, stroke or cancer and divided them into two groups: habitual drinkers who drank tea three or more times a week, those who never drank tea, and those who drank it less regularly. They followed up with them after a seven-year period.
    Their analysis found that regular tea drinkers had a 20% lower risk of having heart disease and stroke, and a 22% lower risk of dying from heart disease and stroke. Specifically, they found that regular tea drinkers could expect to live 1.26 years longer at age 50 than those who did not regularly enjoy a cup of tea.
    "We found that the protective effects of habitual tea consumption were very pronounced and robust across different outcomes for men, but only modest for women," Dr. Dongfeng Gu from China's National Center for Cardiovascular Disease, Peking Union Medical College and the Chinese Academy of Medical Science said via email.
    "One reason might be that the proportion of habitual tea consumers among men was approximately two and a half [times] as high as that among women," Gu said. Some 48% of the men in the study were regular tea drinkers, compared with 20% of women.
    Gu said Chinese women were more likely to drink herbal tea made from rosebuds or lotus leaves but this information wasn't included.
    In their analysis, the researchers controlled for some factors like smoking, drinking, diet and physical activity that could have explained the link between tea drinking and longevity. However, as an observational study it can't establish cause and effect, only association.
    "Other things to consider that are not mentioned in the study are: Firstly, what those who weren't drinking tea were drinking -- was tea replaced by sugary drinks or caffeinated beverages ... and was that what increased their risk...?" said Jodie Relf, a registered dietitian and spokesperson for the British Dietetic Association.

Black vs. green

The benefits associated with drinking black tea "were not statistically significant," Gu said, but that could be because there were far fewer black tea drinkers included in the study -- only about 8% of the habitual tea drinkers participating in the study said they preferred black tea.
    Gu also said that green tea is a richer source of flavanoids, especially tea polyphenols, and these bioactive compounds could be protective against cardiovascular disease. While from the same plant and containing the same amount of caffeine, black tea is processed in a different way from green tea after picking.
    "Black tea is fully fermented and tea polyphenols might be oxidized into pigments and inactivate during fermentation. Thus green tea tends to be more effective than black tea in anti-oxidation, improving blood lipid profile, and in turn, to be more effective in cardiovascular protection," Gu said.
    Gunter Kuhnle, a professor of nutrition and food science, University of Reading in the UK, who was not involved in the study but conducts research into the association between flavanoids and health, said it's not currently known how tea -- or the compounds found in tea -- affect health.
    "The antioxidant effect of polyphenols found in tea has long been assumed to be responsible, but this has been resoundingly disproved in the last decade. Some of the compounds found in tea might have a beneficial effect, but this is currently still under investigation," he told the Science Media Centre (SMC) in London.
    As the world's most popular drink after water, Gu said that tea-drinking habits varied from place to place and the findings might not apply to Western countries, where black tea was a more popular choice -- often taken with milk or sugar.
    "Tea consumption is part of a cultural heritage, and its health effects might be confounded by other eating and drinking patterns, for example, consumption of other flavanoid-rich food or beverages like coffee."
    The conclusions of previous research on the health benefits of tea has been inconsistent, Gu said, with the study noting that green tea had been associated with lower risk of cadiovascular disease in Japan but in the UK no link was observed with black tea taken with milk.
    "This study strengthens the body of evidence that habitual tea drinking is associated with lower rates of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, though it cannot prove that it's definitely the tea that's responsible," Dr. Jenna Macciochi, a lecturer in immunology at the University of Sussex, told the SMC.
    However, she noted that "a body of evidence in nutrition suggests that whole diet patterns are more informative of diet-disease relationships than any isolated food or nutrient."
    Dr. Duane Mellor, a registered dietitian and senior teaching fellow at Aston Medical School, Aston University, said that while green tea is safe and may have benefits, green tea supplements "should be considered carefully as there has been a number of cases of liver damage reported in individuals who have consumed these in large doses."
    I drink both, almost daily.

THREADS
    Tea
    Drinking Tea
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

In Chinese medicine, tea is regarded medicine from god. I drink it almost everyday.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong