Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: where WCK and Zen meet!

where WCK and Zen meet!

The absolute reference of WCK and Zen is in the nature of Alertness not in time, space, logical thinking, modern scientific thinking pattern, this moves, that technics, or this secret words.

There is where they meet ------- the nature of alertness. that simple, direct, and clear. within the world and in the same time beyond the world.

your heart have fear due to projection to the future. but your nature of alertness is always there.....

Live in this instant means live with the nature of alertness.
    and that nature alertness is not that forcing concentration. that forcing concentration makes us tired and drain energy. It is an effortless alertness. This is the prajna paramita. The wonderful wisdom.

Go back to Chi Sau, let go you and me, let go wanting to win, let go the technics, just do it, jut listern to others and yourself and everything..... just listern and everything will be heard.

There, the nature of alertness will reveal. There, the wisdom of knowing what to do will reveal. There beyond the mind will be understood. There level 3 will be attained.

And this practice is ZaZen in a dynamic way.

There is no need to have secret in WCK. There only if one can attain this nature alertness, the mother of all creation. The original face, the Prajna wisdom, the instantaneous responsor, the core of all.
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-29-2004 at 08:01 AM.

Phenix says:
    There is no need to have secret in WCK. There only if one can attain this nature alertness, the mother of all creation. The original face, the Prajna wisdom, the instantaneous responsor, the core of all.

This reminds me of one of my favorite sayings from Yip Man.

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers

from Complete Wing Chun pg. 27, Yip Man system

"Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu" sound like what Yip Man would say because it was brief, simple, direct, and with none of that eastern philosophical mystical crap that many people get hard ons for. Thanks for the quote.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

Originally posted by FooFighter
    "Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu" sound like what Yip Man would say because it was brief, simple, direct, and with none of that eastern philosophical mystical crap that many people get hard ons for. Thanks for the quote.
    DSP or digital signal processing can be a philosophical mystical crap too. But for those who live in the valley and practice it everyday, Everything is so direct, simple, logical and obvious.

and have nothing to do with silicon valley or western philosophical too.

Oh, oops, before I forget. one needs to know discrete math, Velilog, Z transform.... before one can see how simple, and direct DSP programing is.
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-29-2004 at 11:44 AM.

yep
    but i thought talking overtly about zen was banned on this forum?

frederick franks said that everything has zen, its impossible to be without it. some things just show their zen more than others. wing chun is a good cake.
    Ecce nunc patiemur philosphantem nobis asinum?

what transcends the buddha and the law? Cakes.

"Practice is better than Art, because your practice will suffice without art, while the art means nothing without practice." - Hanko Doebringer, 14th century

Originally posted by FooFighter
    LOL that in itself is directly relating to wing chun. Wing Chun is direct, simple, and to the point with no nonsense just like that saying.

That is why I find it so fitting. I even find myself applying wing chun mindset to everything I do.

Just recently at work we built a new back up station (I work in the IT field). It is designed so end users can bring in the macintosh computer and back it up (we have had a PC one for a while but no mac support until recently). Myself, being the only skilled mac technician in my deptartment, had to write instructions on how to use it. I could have writted down all the different aspects and methods of backing up data. However, I found myself just describing the most effecient ways in detail, and only breifly discussing the other ways. I reread my tech document and laughed, because it was very wing chun minded.

The following is what the ancestor wrote about WCK.

You like to ban it? Sure, no problem

So what do you study? WCK? or something you call it WCK but it is not what it is?

Go a head, ban LJ from writing Zen. call it a crap. make your own intepretation whatever you like and invent your own WCK.

What a free world.

Here is a part of kept WCK kuen kuit of the LJ --> Yip Man --> ..... line.

µú¬K¤K¤â¡@¬Ò¥i§ð¦u
    ¼Ð°é¥ñ¸j¡@¸i¨í¯ÑÅu¡@¥i±q¤¤¯}¡@¸i¤â¾îÄd
    ¸j¦³¥¿¿ù¡@¿ù«D¯u¿ù¡@«öÀY¦z§À¡@«ö§À¦zÀY
    ¤¤¶¡¸j°_¡@¦³¼vµL§Î¡@ªZ±ýºë³q¡@°ß±q_W½m
    ¥ý¦¨«á¤Æ¡@¥ý¤Æ«á¦¨¡@¤M¤ÁÁö»ô¡@¾¥¦u¦¨³W
    ÃÀ¯à¥©ÅÜ¡@±N§Î¸É¦ì¡@¦]½t¦U´N¡@®í³~¦PÂk
    Áö¤ª©wªk¡@ÅܤƤH¬°¡@ÁI©vµ´¾Ç¡@¦®¦b_ר_
    ¦×¨_¦¨¦ò¡@¥j¤µ´X¤H¡@µL¬°µL§Ú¡@µL¬ÉµL²×

Translation:

Wing Chun's eigth hand, Can be both offense or defence,
    Biu, Huen, Fook, Bong,
    Kuan Kuat KAng Tan,
    Can be broken from center
    Kuan Sau horizontal Laan
    Bong has proper and fault
    Fault is not real fault,
    Push the head .....

Condition depends on situation, however, different paths get to the same place.

Even it is said to be a fix method, the change and transformation is depend on the operator. The ultimate of the Zen teaching, the mission is to cultivate oneself.

Attained enlightement with this same body (in one life span) is rare, how many person can reach that state through out the past and future?
    Non action and Non me, NON boundary and Non end.

----------------------------------
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-29-2004 at 02:43 PM.

Go a head, ban LJ from writing Zen. call it a crap. make your own intepretation whatever you like and invent your own WCK

ok it'sssss aaaaallllll a huuuuggggeee load of cccrraappp .

leave the dead in the dirt shut up and train .

it's like listening to a bunch of little girls fighting over the same prom dress .

phew !
    that felt good
    now go back to your fighting over corpses .
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Thumbs down where WCK and Zen meet!

On a different forum, PLEASE!!!!
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Originally posted by Ernie
    Go a head, ban LJ from writing Zen. call it a crap. make your own intepretation whatever you like and invent your own WCK

it's like listening to a bunch of little girls fighting over the same prom dress .

phew !
    that felt good
    Ernie, that was cool.
    World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

phew !
    that felt good

too bad Dracula never die and you migh have problem to take care of the wolfman . hahahaha

Wink Re: where WCK and Zen meet!

Originally posted by anerlich
    On a different forum, PLEASE!!!!

Is this a BJJ forum or Wing Chun one?
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-29-2004 at 05:13 PM.

Savi ,

you know man it just irks me to see people spending time and energy fighting over the past , when it could be spent on positive things like training concepts ,sharing experiences , being helpful and so on .
    I really don't understand things like linage and history it's like necrophiliacs screwing the dead to make themselves feel better .
    anything that has any relevance can be found in training today , and we are all trying to improve ourselves and these training methods , and honestly sharing our experiences we can at the very least inspire each other . I don't dwell on what I did yesterday I stride for what I will do tomorrow . the past is just that the past .
    and to see so much energy wasted on shadows of the past is just sad .

it really makes me wonder if people are training or just talking about training , you know what i mean

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

too bad Dracula never die and you migh have problem to take care of the wolfman . hahahaha

there only childrens stories make believe and niether can survive in the light of day , just worthless shadows that lack substance

the year is 2004 and we are all grown ups

you know man it just irks me to see people spending time and energy fighting over the past , when it could be spent on positive things like training concepts ,sharing experiences , being helpful and so on........ past .

hehehehheehe,

father forgive ernie for he doesnt read english well.

-----------------------

"The absolute reference of WCK and Zen is in the nature of Alertness not in time, space, logical thinking, modern scientific thinking pattern, this moves, that technics, or this secret words.

There is where they meet ------- the nature of alertness. that simple, direct, and clear. within the world and in the same time beyond the world.

Live in this instant means live with the nature of alertness."

Go back to Chi Sau, let go you and me, let go wanting to win, let go the technics, just do it, jut listern to others and yourself and everything..... just listern and everything will be heard.

There, the nature of alertness will reveal. There, the wisdom of knowing what to do will reveal. There beyond the mind will be understood. There level 3 will be attained.

And this practice is ZaZen in a dynamic way.

There is no need to have secret in WCK. There, only if one can attain this nature alertness, the mother of all creation.

-------------------------------

hehehehehehe.
    clear your buggy program and do a real time run this instant instead of let your memory leak run you.
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-29-2004 at 05:21 PM.