Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Developing Power

Originally posted by Gangsterfist
    Hendrick,

Please continue, tell me how one developes power. There is definately and external (physical) and an internal (structure, energy, etc) aspect.

First, tent:

A great tent has to have a great elastic pole and flexible and firm hold in all condition: facing storm and wind blow..etc, it support the whole tent firmly and gracefully.

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...jpg&view=large

what is your tent's pole made from? strong elastic fible glass? chinese chop sticks, steel?
    will it uniformly distribute all tension it was applied to or it snap at some spot?
    how flexible it is under blown by strong wind or strecth?
    how flexible and hold all together while moving into different location or blown by wind from different direction? or twisting.......
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-02-2004 at 10:00 AM.

That is a good symbol for the WCK body! Did I once hear you said there were 5 bodies... =)

This reminds me of what I learned the other night in class from sifu.

We were looking deeply into taiji. The energies that come from the body: Ward off, roll back, press, and pluck (grasping the sparrow's tail is what the movements are called from the form). You can move forward and backwards. If you look left be weary of your right, and you can move from your center (straight down from gravity).

Developing power one must not only develope moving the body as a single unified unit, you must also learn to move each harmony as an individual unit. Isolate each harmony and train its flexibility and range of motion. Once one has realized what its capabilities are, then apply it with the whole body behind it. Thus one does train full range of motion to develop short range explosive power.

As far as my tent pole, I am not sure of what its made of. I haven't decided yet.

We were looking deeply into taiji. The energies that come from the body: Ward off, roll back, press, and pluck (grasping the sparrow's tail is what the movements are called from the form). You can move forward and backwards. If you look left be weary of your right, and you can move from your center (straight down from gravity).-----------------

We are still in the realm of "pole". without that "pole" get iron out the rest cannot be supported.

Developing power one must not only develope moving the body as a single unified unit, you must also learn to move each harmony as an individual unit. Isolate each harmony and train its flexibility and range of motion. Once one has realized what its capabilities are, then apply it with the whole body behind it. Thus one does train full range of motion to develop short range explosive power. -----------

Look deep inside the "pole". think about it is not the same with look into it deeply.

As far as my tent pole, I am not sure of what its made of. I haven't decided yet. -----------

what is your pole? that is the first fundamental question one needs to answer honestly.

what is this one made from?
    http://www.yoga.com/ydc/downloads/yo...nd_5_large.jpg

what is this one made from?

http://www.bodyworkposters.com/AstangaPosterAO.htm

Due to the spine flexibility, the body can balance itself in outrageous postures. Let talk about jing - my kind of marrow! =)

My pole, is not really a pole at all I have decided. A pole is a set object with a definite static structure with limited range of motion. The body can move and be manipulated in many ways a pole cannot. I look at it as a set of broken poles that can be unified by structure to make one bigger sturdy pole. Or each pole can act independently as a set of poles forming structure.
    Last edited by Gangsterfist; 04-02-2004 at 12:22 PM.

Originally posted by Gangsterfist
    My pole, is not really a pole at all I have decided. A pole is a set object with a definite static structure with limited range of motion. The body can move and be manipulated in many ways a pole cannot. I look at it as a set of broken poles that can be unified by structure to make one bigger sturdy pole. Or each pole can act independently as a set of poles forming structure.

Zen is about using the action to stretch the mind since mind is not everything. Sitting there with thoughts influence by others' theories; give raise to ideas from those thoughts; and then give raise to the intention to believe those theories is Zen is not going to go any way.

Nike --- just do it

Mas Oyama ---- That is Kyokushin.

Chinese Chop stick wood pole, Fible Grass pole, Steel pole.... all are differents pole until one bent them, twist them.....
    There is no tent before the pole.

All is very Zen.
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-02-2004 at 04:39 PM.

Originally posted by PaulH
    Due to the spine flexibility, the body can balance itself in outrageous postures. Let talk about jing - my kind of marrow! =)

try to fill Chinese chop stick wood from those fast food store with those Jing? as you called them and see if it still brake with just one snap? I bet you Chinese chop stick wood will be 8 inch long and not flexible at all.

Spine is just a part of the physical.....
    and
    Broken Arrow guard one from over extent the tent.

All bets off when one has a Broken Arrow tent, disregard what is the advertisement said.

From what I gather from your previous posts, you seem to have the view that there is a chi meridian network which helps to strengthen our muscular skeleton frame. And then there is the breath body which regulates and supply needed oxygen to the muscles as well as calms the mind during vigorous actions. Of course also the mind or impulse body which helps to trigger those HV waves? And lastly somethinga about the internal Jing paths like that of silk reeling. Is this the pole?

Regards,
    PH
    Last edited by PaulH; 04-02-2004 at 05:47 PM.

From what I gather from your previous posts, you seem to have the view that there is a chi meridian network which helps to strengthen our muscular skeleton frame. And then there is the breath body which regulates and supply needed oxygen to the muscles as well as calms the mind during vigorous actions. Of course also the mind or impulse body which helps to trigger those HV waves? And lastly somethinga about the internal Jing paths like that of silk reeling. Is this the pole?

Regards,
    PH
    not HV but VWHW.... etc. not chi meridian network...

Guess. hehehehehe

Pole is very physical........hehehehe

http://www.bodyworkposters.com/AstangaPosterAO.htm

what is this guy's pole?

His whole body?

His whole body?
    Yup, the bow. if this pole, this bow is not in good shape or fit.
    The bones, spine, limbs...... not join in a well fit way.....

the rest--- qi, .... intention..... technics...philosophy.... are useless.

Broken arrow is a great guide line to make sure the pole is not over stretch.....
    Thus, with Broken arrow, the tent is weak even just stood there, not to mention to sustain wind.........

Sure one can arque about rooting.... with broken arrow....
    similar to sure one can pin the tent to ground statically. but when the wind, rain..... comes.... Doesnt work with broken arrow, cant bandaid cancer.
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-02-2004 at 08:57 PM.

hi hendrik!

long time no talk!!!

i have a question about something you have made some basic referance to.......7 star footwork.....could you explain a bit more about it in terms of wing chun??? i do know what the dipper constelation looks like but.....im still not sure what you are refering to in terms of footwork.......is this like 7 star mantis footwork?
    was it the 7 star footwork you refered to as "no where left to go?"??
    "i see thy nose, but not what dog to feed it to" othello

None of us must skimp on our tent and especially the pole in the centre to hold it up.

Otherwise, it will be .....

The winter of our discount tent.

Sorry
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Hendrik's tent is not quite fail-proof against this kind of pun-ch! Ha! Ha!