Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Developing Power

Originally posted by Phenix

Zen is about using the action to stretch the mind since mind is not everything. Sitting there with thoughts influence by others' theories; give raise to ideas from those thoughts; and then give raise to the intention to believe those theories is Zen is not going to go any way.
    The mind. What is the mind? Where is the mind? Is the mind in your head? Or is it all around you? Isn't everything you see, feel, touch, taste, smell part of the mind?

The mind is not everything, but it is everything. In a way the mind is also nothing.

So what if you have a solid steel pole? You are very strong but not very flexable. What if you are a graphite pole? More flexable, but less strength.

So, when developing power we must always use the whole body. Why is a reverse punch so powerful?

What attributes must we train to gain power in our techniques?

Originally posted by Gangsterfist

The mind. What is the mind? Where is the mind? Is the mind in your head? Or is it all around you? Isn't everything you see, feel, touch, taste, smell part of the mind?

The mind is not everything, but it is everything. In a way the mind is also nothing.

So what if you have a solid steel pole? You are very strong but not very flexable. What if you are a graphite pole? More flexable, but less strength.

So, when developing power we must always use the whole body. Why is a reverse punch so powerful?

What attributes must we train to gain power in our techniques?
    What is power?

Originally posted by PaulH
    Hendrik's tent is not quite fail-proof against this kind of pun-ch! Ha! Ha!

One dont discuss with the blind about the shape of sun.

What is power?
    Everyone has chi whether they are aware of it or not. Chi can be translated as "air power" (I have heard other things too). Our bodies naturally generate it, but do not naturally convert it to jing. There are numerous training techniques to help develope this, and that was my intention on starting this thread. Developing power in your techniqes. If you punch does not effect me, then I won't even acknowledge it was there. If your punch does effect me it will be harder for me to prevail.

Everyone has chi whether they are aware of it or not. Chi can be translated as "air power" (I have heard other things too). Our bodies naturally generate it, but do not naturally convert it to jing. There are numerous training techniques to help develope this, and that was my intention on starting this thread. -----

Have anyone actually saw air power instead of heard about it?

Have anyone actually saw air power instead of heard about it?
    Can you see air? Can you see energy?

Seeing can also be deceptive, feeling is better IMO. If you can feel the energy, feel the air you do not need to see it. You know its there because you can feel it.

There are numerous training techniques to help develope this, and that was my intention on starting this thread. .......

Can you see air? Can you see energy?---HS

Seeing can also be deceptive, feeling is better IMO. If you can feel the energy, feel the air you do not need to see it. You know its there because you can feel it.....

great point.

But I am not conviced.

please Show us step by step how to deliver the air power from the Qi. so we can feel it.
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-06-2004 at 10:02 AM.

Standing meditation or taiji form can help develope chi (qi gong as well, plus many others). Slow controlled relaxed movements while breathing from the dan tien (buddahs breath). Place the tounge on the pallet to connect the battery and increase flow of your major chi merridian. One will start to feel lots of warmth, and a collection of saliva in their mouth. Now try controlling that warmth with the mind, compact it back down in to the dan tien. You can not see the energy but you can feel it in your body. Breathe in and out through your nose, it is importnat to develope good breathing. Also when you expand your diafram and breathe down into the dan tien you are strengthening your internal organs. Doing yoga stretches will also streghthen your internal organs as well.

Once you are aware of the energy, next try to control it. This is where I have trouble a lot of times. I can feel it but have problems controlling it. Perhaps I am not focused enough at the matter at hand, or perhaps I overthink it.

Now, for the energy to travel through your body and be relased you need to have good pathways. If a highway is blocked or only has one lane, traffic will not move as smoothly as it could through it. There is where the training comes in. Tension will decrease blood flow, and therefore decrease the amount of oxygen flowing through your body in your blood stream. Punching and kicking the air and help develope better highways through your meridians. Increasing flexability also helps. The better the flow, the easier it is to relase.

Once one is aware of the feeling, how does one develope it?

Standing meditation or taiji form can help develope chi (qi gong as well, plus many others). Slow controlled relaxed movements while breathing from the dan tien (buddahs breath). Place the tounge on the pallet to connect the battery and increase flow of your major chi merridian. One will start to feel lots of warmth, and a collection of saliva in their mouth. Now try controlling that warmth with the mind, compact it back down in to the dan tien. You can not see the energy but you can feel it in your body. ------

That is thermal energy the most. if it is not your fantasy or daydream or helucination.

Breathe in and out through your nose, it is importnat to develope good breathing. Also when you expand your diafram and breathe down into the dan tien you are strengthening your internal organs. Doing yoga stretches will also streghthen your internal organs as well.----

So, the art is incomplete because you need to use Yoga.

Once you are aware of the energy, next try to control it. This is where I have trouble a lot of times. I can feel it but have problems controlling it. ------

There is a different between energy and power. thermal energy and force that bounce people away. is it about control? or about conversion?

Perhaps I am not focused enough at the matter at hand, or perhaps I overthink it. ------

There is no process if one doesnt know what one wants. controlling energy? power conversion? energy to power conversion? thermal to physical converstion.........

Now, for the energy to travel through your body and be relased you need to have good pathways. If a highway is blocked or only has one lane, traffic will not move as smoothly as it could through it. There is where the training comes in. Tension will decrease blood flow, and therefore decrease the amount of oxygen flowing through your body in your blood stream. ------

Is it about energy flow? or power converstion? or power emittion? or .....? otherwise, it is just bits and pices which were tried to be combine but there is no process. a collective of items doesnt make a car.

Punching and kicking the air and help develope better highways through your meridians. -----

Punching and kicking do not be default develope better highways throught meridians. Otherwise, everyone who punch and kick all develope better hightways..... but some got hurt, or even pops out thier shoulder....

Increasing flexability also helps. The better the flow, the easier it is to relase. ------

Then, the art doesnt work. because one has to import Yoga ... as in above to flexible one's body.

Once one is aware of the feeling, how does one develope it? ----

Feeling falling in love doesnt develop a great strategy to "capture" the hot lady.

Hahahaha, I know I am acting like a "JEXX". I am trying to simulate how the nature talk to you if the nature can response to you.

That is thermal energy the most. if it is not your fantasy or daydream or helucination.
    Energy can change forms, no?

So, the art is incomplete because you need to use Yoga.
    Nope, just saying there is always more than one path, more than one way to get results.

There is a different between energy and power. thermal energy and force that bounce people away. is it about control? or about conversion?
    Its about developing different kinds of power. Building attributes.

Is it about energy flow? or power converstion? or power emittion? or .....? otherwise, it is just bits and pices which were tried to be combine but there is no process. a collective of items doesnt make a car.
    All of the above. You must understand all of it to be able to fully use it. Also, isn't a car a collective of parts? A car is not one part it is many parts working together.

Punching and kicking do not be default develope better highways throught meridians. Otherwise, everyone who punch and kick all develope better hightways..... but some got hurt, or even pops out thier shoulder....
    Training the body in full motions helps develope power at short motions. If you do not train the punch or the kick how can you develope power in the punch and the kick? Working muscle groups and stretching will ease tension, which will also allow better flow.

Developing power is developing energy, maintaining flow of energy, is having full range of motion.

How do you train for this? There are many aspects to developing power I created this thread to discuss them, not to put it into chan buddhist philosophy. However, I do enjoy the philosophy.

you still believe in those air power?

One dont discuss with the blind about the shape of sun.
    Assuming that wasn't some form of personal attack..

A bit disingenuous, aren't we? Why would blind people not be interested in the shape of the source of that warmth that they feel? Or not have a passing interest in astrophysics?

You've never trained blindfolded? What you can't see can't hurt you?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

you still believe in those air power?
    If you are referring to chi, then yes to some degree I think it exists. I have done taiji and qigong for a while now and my sigung (soon to be sifu) is very knowledgeable in this and has taught me a little of it. It is something that I do not fully understand yet, especially qigong, but I can feel what they are describing to me.

I can feel what the chinese call water hands in my taiji forms (resistance, like running your hands through water). I have never felt that before really before I started training taiji.

Okay, Hendrick, so now why don't you explain how to develope power in your techniques. You seem to be elusive and not wanting to discuss this topic, only to nit pick at what I post. I am not saying I am right, I just want to have a discussion about it.

Okay, Hendrick, so now why don't you explain how to develope power in your techniques. You seem to be elusive and not wanting to discuss this topic, only to nit pick at what I post. I am not saying I am right, I just want to have a discussion about it.

I sometimes play the bad guy .

But, how is the tent suppose to hold up with Air power?
    Just Cant if it is not a ball.

I nit pick the stuffs which the chinese has delude themself for decades.....

Thus, I have heard,
    Started with the Manchurian royal family wanted to learn about TaiJi, So the Mr Yang was called into the palace to teach. Then, a fantasy or a lie was created --- the air power for those Manchurian princes which doesnt want to get physical sweating.....
    So, one dig and dig into philosophy and thoughts and thinking and ideas in the Cafe...instead of sweating in the gym.. thinking somedays walla. The magical power will be there......

That was for the Manchurian princes, but then the Chinese started to believe into those too. And episode over episodes... continous.......

Do you heard about Chang Dung-Shen the Chinese Wrestling guy beat the General who did Taiji? That was real.

So, are we blind from those fantasy or are we ready to talk about the shape sun? the living without the root chakra but start at the fifth chakra an above? the music without the bass ? I dont know.
    I guess it is winter in Aus, Anerlich ? Must be rainy days with or without sun.
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-06-2004 at 07:49 PM.

I guess it is winter in Aus, Anerlich ? Must be rainy days?
    Since you ask (why, I'm not sure):

It's mid-autumn in Aus, which would be apparent to most with a basic understanding of the calendar.

The last few days it has rained, but much of Eastern Australia has suffered significant drought for several years. Water usage restrictions are currently in force in Sydney. Rain falls on much of the city itself, but not in the water supply catchment areas.

But, how is the tent suppose to hold up with Air power?
    Deprived childhood, no bouncy castles for you, huh?

thinking somedays walla
    WALLAH! Is red5angel out there somewhere?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!