Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Developing Power

7 stars

hello?????? hendrik???????? "no place to stand"??? 7 stars???
    "i see thy nose, but not what dog to feed it to" othello

Re: 7 stars

Originally posted by byond1
    hello?????? hendrik???????? "no place to stand"??? 7 stars???
    Those are WCK stuffs nothing to do with mantis

Re: Re: 7 stars

Originally posted by Phenix

Those are WCK stuffs nothing to do with mantis
    Yeah, but it can be said that wing chun kicks and southern mantis kicks look very similiar. Perhaps there is some relation, perhaps its just coincidence.

Re: Re: Re: 7 stars

Originally posted by Gangsterfist

Yeah, but it can be said that wing chun kicks and southern mantis kicks look very similiar. Perhaps there is some relation, perhaps its just coincidence.
    There are lots can be said about look very similar. But off a millimeter can off ten thousand mile.

gangster___the 7 star kick/footwork isnt from southern mantis.....but from northern mantis......
    hendrik mentioned that cho family had 7 star footwork in the 4th section of there slt form.....and i was hopiing he could be a tad more specfic....

phenix--could you elaborate?? what is the purpose of the footwork?

gangsterfist sez:Yeah, but it can be said that wing chun kicks and southern mantis kicks look very similiar. Perhaps there is some relation, perhaps its just coincidence.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Many Southern systems share some characteristics- low kicks more often than not.

Kicks come from the dynamics of structures and mantis and wing chun structures have differences. There are differences within
    the mantis umbrella- differences between Hakka and Temple (HK)
    versions.

Kicks can look similar without necessarily being the same.

Originally posted by yuanfen
    gangsterfist sez:Yeah, but it can be said that wing chun kicks and southern mantis kicks look very similiar. Perhaps there is some relation, perhaps its just coincidence.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Many Southern systems share some characteristics- low kicks more often than not.

Kicks come from the dynamics of structures and mantis and wing chun structures have differences. There are differences within
    the mantis umbrella- differences between Hakka and Temple (HK)
    versions.

Kicks can look similar without necessarily being the same.
    Yup, you are most correct. Since my sifu will be moving soon we have had many people from other schools come join us every class. I have got to touch hands with a lot of different southern styles of kung fu this last month and they all have a lot of similarities.

i guess ,since im not insulting you hendrik ...i dont deserve an answer......

There is lots of things in the world wihout "a" answer even Kill BILL has 2 parts to tell the story. So, it has nothing to do with deserve.

Getting a straight answer from hendrick is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone...

...it just doesn't happen.

Getting a straight answer from hendrick is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone...

...it just doesn't happen.

That is because you are not in San Jose!

Ask KJ or Joy, I even perform hula dance. IF that give the answer.

Come down to San Jose, in a few minutes you know what I am talking about.

Joy how to sing that San Jose Song?

BTW a STRAIGT ANSWER! you spell my name wrong
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-19-2004 at 07:15 PM.

Gangsterfist ,

Go for KILL BILL II.
    There the Bak mei teaches Uma the secret power developing and 5 steps explode heart palm. The cat is out! Watch it and see if it works.

I will visit Transavania this early May via Budapest Hungary.

Here I brought all my power tools.

http://www.empiremovies.com/posters/...ng_final.shtml

Ah bak mei from fist of the white lotus, except in the original if I recall it was a 100 pace palm strike and not a 5 pace. However, now that I think back on it, he also had a 10 pace palm strike.

Sorry for misspelling your name phenix (pheonix). It was not meant in any disrespect, only in ignorance of not knowing how to correctly spell your name.

Perhaps, instead, you can show me the correct spelling of your name and then from here on I shall not mispell it.

Yesterday we did lots of push ups. We did 150 push ups, then we did burst push ups. Its where you are in push up position but your elbows are touching the ground. Your arms are triangled below your chest. Your forearms are touching the ground. From the position you lean forward and then burst up into a regular push up. Its very hard to do, and helps develope ba fa jing (release within an inch). This is pretty much doing short range bursts of power to make a push up.

Yesterday we did lots of push ups. We did 150 push ups, then we did burst push ups. Its where you are in push up position but your elbows are touching the ground. Your arms are triangled below your chest. Your forearms are touching the ground. From the position you lean forward and then burst up into a regular push up. Its very hard to do, and helps develope ba fa jing (release within an inch). This is pretty much doing short range bursts of power to make a push up.
    Nah,

Look Closely, the secret of Power shows here!

http://www.empiremovies.com/posters/...ng_final.shtml