Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Developing Power

Hmm, to me it looks more super natural...

Originally posted by Gangsterfist
    Hmm, to me it looks more super natural...

Hmmm you always forget the BOW !

phenix--....if someone doesnt believe in, or agree with your ideas(cho family)/history ...you repeatedly explain yourself...and try your best to be specific....when someone wants to know what you believe or what you are talking about, and isnt argueing with you or telling you your a nut, you dont/wont explain yourself
    you dont owe me or anyone else anything obviously....but this is a discussion forum....you brought up the 7 star footwork....i was trying to understand what you meant, in the context of cho family. i know where the 7 stars are located in yks wck..but know almost nothing about cho family.....and was trying to better understand on a whole what the cho family has passed on. there is almost no information available on cho slt. you are the only source in america!
    brian
    "i see thy nose, but not what dog to feed it to" othello

phenix--....if someone doesnt believe in, or agree with your ideas(cho family)/history ...you repeatedly explain yourself...and try your best to be specific....-------

That is because it is about ancestor not about Hendrik.

when someone wants to know what you believe or what you are talking about, and isnt argueing with you or telling you your a nut, you dont/wont explain yourself ----

that is because I am not that important and I can be wrong. thus, I dont explain.

you dont owe me or anyone else anything obviously....but this is a discussion forum....you brought up the 7 star footwork....i was trying to understand ........but know almost nothing about cho family.....and was trying to better understand on a whole what the cho family has passed on. there is almost no information available on cho slt. you are the only source in america! -----------

For example,
    I have tried to explain the cross bow jing.... how many will understand what am I talking about.

Perhaps you want to ask KJ since she saw that cross bow VWHW jing.
    how different is that betwen describe in the word and view? There might be heaven and earth different between my description and what I did.

Same with those foot work. It is not easy to describe.

That is because it is about ancestor not about Hendrik.

that is because I am not that important and I can be wrong. thus, I dont explain.

For example,
    I have tried to explain the cross bow jing.... how many will understand what am I talking about.

how different is that betwen describe in the word and view? There might be heaven and earth different between my description and what I did.

Same with those foot work. It is not easy to describe.

Hendrik (spelled your name right this time)-

Okay man here is where you and I differ. This is okay no two humans will ever be the same. You say its about ancestors not about hendrik. Interesting, for someone who speaks a lot about zen, which is the japanese word for chan which is the chinese word for, a school of buddhism that believes one can reach enlightenment via meditation. Someone who is a zen buddhist would not live in the past or dwell about the future. They would live in the now, the present is how I understand it. I am not a practicing buddhist, but that is what I have gathered from what I have learned. So why care about the past and the ancestors so much?

You say you also try to explain things to us but no one can understand, or you are worried they may interpret it wrong. If you do follow zen such worries should not really concern you. People will either learn or not learn from you. That is their choice not yours. When I started this thread you just came out and questioned everything I posted with broken philisophical jargin.

Your reasons about you being wrong and that is why you do not explain is a total cop out. That is like saying I don't try because I know I will fail, or not be good at it. We are trying to have progressive conversations here, and I am trying to learn things. There are many people on this forum who have decades of wisdom with wing chun and kung fu in general. This forum is actually a valuable resource to learn about wing chun. I see it that way. I do not try to act superior, troll the boards, or come up with cryptic philisophical jargin that I don't even truly follow. You talk alot about zen but your actions do not seem very zen like.

I could be totally wrong about these assumptions I have made because I do not know you in person. I accept that, and if I am wrong I can accept that as well and appollogize for any confusion, or distress you may find from my words.

The simple fact still remains that there really are people here willing to learn from what you have to say hendrik. All you have to do is make a choice of whether or not to share you knowledge and wisdom. What we gain from it is up to us not up to you. So if you want to explain yourself in a constructive manner and contribute to this thread, do so, I highly encourage you to. I appreciate your input. If you are just going to spout out a bunch of zen jargin and talk in metaphors and be very vague about every subject, then please do not post anything else. It is a waste of your time and mine.

Originally posted by Phenix
    how different is that betwen describe in the word and view? There might be heaven and earth different between my description and what I did. .
    Ah... guess KJ owes us an eye-witness report on this whatever cross bowl volkswagon hard-wired jing of yours.

I am sure she can explain it better than any one of us here.

If you are just going to spout out a bunch of zen jargin and talk in metaphors and be very vague about every subject, then please do not post anything else. It is a waste of your time and mine. [/B]

I offer you to come to San jose. since you dont want to take it that is fine.

------------------------------------------------
    That is because you are not in San Jose!

Ask KJ or Joy, I even perform hula dance. IF that give the answer.

Come down to San Jose, in a few minutes you know what I am talking about.
    --------------------------------------

thanks!

So, Here I will not post any more since it waste everyone's time.

BTW, Tent, Pole are not Zen jargin and not vague at all. They are really tangible physical analogy.
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-21-2004 at 11:38 PM.

Hendrik,

If I had the time and money to go to san jose I would. Its not that I can't understand what you are saying. Its I can't always connect your analagies. Analagies are still somewhat vague.

When I ask to you explain it in laymens terms or just explain it out right you just give me more analagies. Not to mention the language barrier as well. Like I said, take no offense to this. This is not anything negative towards you. I just do not appreciate it when I ask you to explain something you just post a link of tents, cars, computers, cell phones, etc. None of that really has anything to do with kung fu. Kung fu was around many many years before that technology. Also, being that I work in the IT field myself and have a pretty decent knowledge of computer hardware, software, operating systems, peripherals so I can see where you are coming from, I just can't sometimes make the connection between your statement and the analogy of the link you posted. When I ask you to explain it, you say I won't understand.

Anyways, best of luck to ya.

GF

Originally posted by yylee
    Ah... guess KJ owes us an eye-witness report on this whatever cross bowl volkswagon hard-wired jing of yours.

I am sure she can explain it better than any one of us here.
    Don't I wish. Hardly anyone can understand what I write either.
    - kj

Hendrik,

If I had the time and money to go to san jose I would. Its not that I can't understand what you are saying. Its I can't always connect your analagies. Analagies are still somewhat vague.....

Ahh, Hui Ke sit on to wait until the snow pile up as high as his waist. Hui Neng travel long distance to the north for the Zen teaching without any money. That is Zen. See Zen is using action to strech the mind then the body. Not using theory and derivative of logic to understand Zen. A person who want to lose weigth will have to take the first step to practice on diet. Can't just sit there and read books......

With all the Kuits and set.... I have to spend 27 years to understand what is my SLT is about. So word and .... doesnt mean much until some days one can link everything into a holistic pice.

what one think is vague might be causing by one didnt strech one's horizontal enough.

There is no layman term for certain things after passing the gate of introduction. how to become great swimmer with reading and imagination only?

As for Zen, IF one cannot go beyond mind one doesnt know Zen. and that is very vague but it exist that way.

Power development is mind and body. The tent, the pole, the strecthing of mind.
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-22-2004 at 06:50 AM.

Philosophy really means lover of wisdom (Philo = love, sophia = wisdom). In that sense I unashamedly like Hendrik's posts a lot. I am always all ear when it takes someone twenty seven long and frustrating years to learn something properly! =)

San Jose is only a few months away. It seems like I'm already there in my mind. Someone stretches my fancy a little.

Regards,
    PH

Its not that I don't like philosophy or I don't like Phenix's posts. I like his posts, its just when I try to get a solid answer out of him he puts up a link to a poster of the van helsing movie, which honestly made no sense to me at all. Van helsing was a fictional character that was draculas nemesis basically. I don't see how that is relevant to developing power.

I could grasp the jest of the tent and pole analogy. Still though I looked at it 5 or 6 different ways and was not sure exactly what he meant. When I try to understand what he says and cannot make the connection he just leaves it at that or talks about kill bill 2 or gives me links to a van helsing poster? I can't tell if he is insulting my intelect, being funny, or seriously trying to make a point.

I am pretty open minded and can stretch my mind and open my heart. At the same time however, if someone is just going to send me clips of hollywood films and try to relate it to developing power it makes no sense.

GF,

Phoenix bird is not human but divine. So to communicate the heavenly way to the earthly man will always be problematic and quarrelsome resulting in mucho bird hunting seasons. It's okay to take some shots here and there at this flying elusive bird as he seems amusedly asking for it. It may take you 27 years to catch the Phoenix song though! Let hope it worths it! =)

Regards,
    PH

I am pretty open minded and can stretch my mind and open my heart. At the same time however, if someone is just going to send me clips of hollywood films and try to relate it to developing power it makes no sense.

There goes your open mind and open heart.
    If I am not wrong, you are expecting things to be as you think what it is. Swiming or Hollywood or WCK all are just symbols and they means different things, different expectation to different people. hahahaha

Bro, in this world lots of things doesnt make sense if seeing with one's expected way.

Zen is about NON-Expectation in mind and body.
    ISnt it say Come accept, goes send.....
    If one expect it has to be this way or that long. The nature might not run as you like it.

How can you issue power with those chinese fantasy of Qi and practicing things this way for 30 years and then waalllaaaaaaa the magic happen successfull story. Sorry, according to nature, it doesnt work that way. So, Null the expectation that is the first step.

I spent 27 years in nulling my expectation. and nothing is magic. And the nulling is continous never ending.... now going to learn more YoGA.... hahahaha. lots of Yoga people's health or the body builder's health is better then those Qigon masters who didnt do nothing but feeding the fantasy of thier sifu or sigung or sijo's stories. and the worst thing about those fantasy stories is similar to hypnotise one to belive that all rabit has horns and trying to find a rabit by identify the horns. One sure can find horns rabit in Hollywood movies.

To live in this instant is about NON expectation. that is Zen. hahahaha. and answer can come from a hollywood poster. Why not?
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-22-2004 at 09:38 AM.

Originally posted by PaulH
    GF,

Phoenix bird is not human but divine. So to communicate the heavenly way to the earthly man will always be problematic and quarrelsome resulting in mucho bird hunting seasons. It's okay to take some shots here and there at this flying elusive bird as he seems amusedly asking for it. It may take you 27 years to catch the Phoenix song though! Let hope it worths it! =)

Regards,
    PH

IT takes me 27 years to null out my expectation of how things suppose to be and still goes on nulling.... hahahaha

It is not about a song, Everytime Phoenix burn itself, it is one step closer to the reality. That is Zen right? Nulling one's own expectation.

Thus, I never believe in secret teaching, I never believe in those Shao LIn secret of the origina...... I never believe in those stanzas are the most original.....

If one doesnt have the NULLING TECHNOLOGY, there is no Zen.
    If one doesnt have the NON Broken arrow, there is no power issuing.

And Nulling needs to be done by oneself. step by step. I love to irritate you Pual because I am pushing you to NULLING. HEHEHEHE

Got it? THAT IS ZEN right?

If the mind live in fantasy land only Zen will come to rescue. But when Zen was thought to be a part of mind and logic. Then, hit the head to stop the CPU to experience Nulling of Expectation. hahahaa.
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-22-2004 at 09:40 AM.