Thread: On raising the Back??

On raising the Back??

who do you got about Rasing qi, up the back naturally??

You could stand in a low stance with weight balanced, and have your left palm facing the navel or point right below the navel, and have the back of your right palm facing mingmen at your lower back. You could satnd for a couple minutes, if you stand long enough your back hand may get tired and you will end up with the back of the hand touching mingmen point. Then you can switch hands and hold for the same amount of time. Then bring the left hand to the throat with palm facing down, and the right hand at thethe ming men facing up. Push down the left to the navel as you push the right hand up to the point in the shoulder blades. Repeat several times ( 9, 24, 36). Swithch hands and repeat. Then bring both hand up to your forehead ( or bai hui point if you want) palms facing you, and then bring the hands down to your lower abdomen , do this 9 times. Then you should focus your attention inwards and meditate ( on dantien would be good) for a while.

tou can also put one hand at yoour tailbone and brush it along up your spine to the point between the shoulders, and then catch the path with your other hand at the shoulder blade point, and bring the hand down over the head down the front of the body. Repeat.

You can also use visualization if you know how to properly or are able.

You could bend over but keep the legs and back straight; so that your body is in a shape like an L. Then you can let go and hang so you are bent over but not like an L, just relaxed bent over. Then you could bend the legs a bit and roll up your spine vertabrae by vertabrae rolling up until you are standing up. Bring hands up to forehead and then down palms facing you
    Last edited by backbreaker; 03-28-2004 at 07:59 PM.

Hmmmm

Um thgats seems a bit convoluted and not very natural at all having to make it move like that!

By emptying the chest and hollowing it slightly without force you can influence the Ren channel to open downwards.
    By keeping the sacrum flat and shoulders relaxed and head suspecnded the qi naturally rises up to the head.

In this way by opening the Du channel the qi naturally rises up, one mistake I think people make is to guide qi up to their head uneccessarily, if the Ren channel is blocked then it is never a good idea to circulate qi up to the head.
    Don't send up what can't naturally sink down. Make sure the Ren channel is open before sending stuff up the back is a safer option all round.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

why not just meditate?
    investing in loss...

I didn't make ant of that up. And I am just giving ideas and examples. Fine, standing posture would be the safest but perhaps slow. Suspending the crown is good, can be very powerful, and of course relax the chest, tuck the tailbone etc. etc. etc. That is all important and good. Nothing I said is particularly complicated or bad, but maybe a little fast, I don't really know who is who here. Of course it has to be put together in a whole system, but that won't be easily shown on a forum, well by me with my poor writing skills. You can start out with standing meditation, or you can start out with movement then standing and then sitting. In Taiji they often start with standing pole and neigong first, then do the movement form, but most qigong goes from movement first, then meditation and the more advanced the less movement

Okay, first do Taiji standing pole with proper posture, or wuji posture, then do Taijiquan forms, and then meditation, that's the best to start, but you might look into some back stretching qigong at some point too if you want.

In some Yoga methods there are movements which close the chest and sink the shoulders forward while breathing out and then sinking the shoulders backward and opening the chest while inhaling. It can be done rapidly and is similar to seated torso opening closing dantien exersises in Taiji which has heng/ha breathing
    Last edited by backbreaker; 03-29-2004 at 04:13 PM.

Interesting.
    BB, what you described has nothing to do with the phrase sinking the chest and raising the back.

"Suspending the crown is good, can be very powerful, and of course relax the chest, tuck the tailbone etc. etc. etc. That is all important and good."

but...

you dismiss an important and often misunderstood aspect of developing the internal body (shenfa). Can you really explain what this means so that it relates to the original posters question?

"Nothing I said is particularly complicated or bad, but maybe a little fast, I don't really know who is who here."

Well.......,
    Cheers anyway,
    Buddy

No, not really. I'm not an expert, but every thing I said is basic, what do you suggest would be better. I'm not dismissing anything really. I think what is being talked avout is what is the most natural, what do you think about natural methods of doing this? You want to widen channels and connect them
    Last edited by backbreaker; 03-30-2004 at 12:36 AM.

where is the Ren Channel

I remember hearing of it before, but dont know where it is today, so I dont know,