Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your guy's Wing Chun lineage?

YinHands Guest

What is your guy's Wing Chun lineage?

mine is (starting w/ Yip Man) Yip Man>Ho Kam Ming> Randy Li> Me... I have a pic of me and My Sigong and Sifu but I can't find it.

Arod1972 Guest

Hung Fa Yi

"Hung Gun" biu > Cheung Gung > Wong ting > Wong Ming > Garret Gee

I do not wish to fight.

kalos Guest

lineage

yip man / leung sheung / kenneth chung / eddie chong / me

pan nam / eddie chong / me

Sihing73 Guest
    Yip Man>Ho Kam Ming>Augustine Fong>Roy Undem>Me
    Yip Man>Leung Ting>Keith Kernsprecht>Me
    Yip Man>Leung Ting>Alan Fong>Me
    Yip Man>Leong Sheung>Ng Wah Shum>Chung Kwok Chow>Me

Additionaly I have had the opportunity to train with members of William Cheung, Moy yat, Phillip Holder and Randy Willliams Lineages. As well as Yip Chun and Samual Kwok.

I may one of only a few certified to instruct in Wing Tsun who has two Sifu :) I also got to live with one of my Sifu :p

Peace,

Dave

nickle Guest
    yipman ipchun dean jones me

-specialization is for ants-

po_pai Guest
    Yip Man->Yip Chun->Colin Ward->Me

be good ... be careful

YinHands Guest

Sihing73, did you go to that Ho Kam Ming seminar in Arizona about a year and a half ago?

the one that Augstine Fong was hosting, he gave me a ride to my hotel room and i had a long chat with him about his experiences, it was great.

mun hung Guest
    Yip Man > Allan Lee > me

WCK Guest
    Yip Man > Tsui Sheung Tin > Jim Fung

zuxingpogi Guest

re: lineage

Yip Man -> William Cheung -> Dana Wong -> Me
    Respects to all
    -Bernard
    <A HREF="http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/thesunofshaolin" TARGET="_blank">http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/thesunofshaolin</A>

Kong Jianshen Guest
    Wow Sihing73! Accepting any students? :D hehe im impressed.

Always seeking to learn,
    Kong Jianshen
    Humble disciple of the ancient Boxing Arts

Sihing73 Guest

Sorry for the delay in replying

YinHands,

No, I did not attend the event in Arizona although I did get a nice invitation. I have not been involved with Augustine Fongs lineage for a number of years although I have a great deal of respect for him. I had the opportunity to speak to a student of his who moved up near Philly, which is where I am from, but never got the chance to meet him. Between my family and my job I have almost no free time :( However, I am hoping things will change soon for the better. Did you attend the event? Also, do you know Patrick Gordon who teaches in Canada under Sifu Fong?

Kong Jianshen,

No reason to be impressed :p I don't know as much as I wish I did. Just to set the record straight I started in Augustine Fongs lineage and then was sent to Germany by Uncle Sam. In Germany the most prolific version was Leung Tings'. So I trained in this version and upon my return to the states I trained with Allan Fong, who happened to be the one who went with Leung Ting to introduce WT to Europe. I left WT for personal/political reasons and then explored some other lineages. I currently train with Chung Kwok Chow usually the first Sunday of Each month with the hopes of increasing the time as we move along.

I no longer teach as I do not have the time and I feel I have a lot more to learn first. However, if things go well I may be opening a school in about a year in Philly. If you are still interested then please look me up :)

I also would like to start meeting with my Wing Chun brethern after the New Year. I hope to be able to visit and meet with one new person/school a month. Most of the first ones will be in the New York area so any who think they might like to meet please let me know and I will make the effort to meet you. Also, should anyone visit Philly feel free to let me know and we can meet here as well.

Peace,

Dave

LoneWarrior Guest
    Yip Man--> William Cheung--> Sonny Whitmore-->Me

Yip Man--> Allan Lee--> Me

YinHands Guest

Sihing73

I met two of Ho Kam Ming's students, i don't remember their names, it might be who your talking about.

Eric Guest

Lineage

yip man / leung sheung / kenneth chung / eddie chong / Thomas Yang / me
    pan nam / eddie chong / Thomas Yang / me