Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NHB guy vs. Gorilla

Talking NHB guy vs. Gorilla

This was mentioned (as a joke) on another forum.

Ok, you have Gorillas. Gorillas are like 350lbs, strong as a freaking mofo, and pretty agile. They eat plants and some bugs and bananas all day and yet get way stronger than us with our steaks and protein shakes. They also live to be like 50.

Anyway, so some guy was like "what if you took a gorilla vs. a champion nhb fighter?" lol. Here's what I said:

"Well, as for striking, if the Gorilla got one or two hits in I think it would be over. Plus, if the Gorilla weighs 350lbs, he's probably going to able to take a lot of damange. And he's probably really thick so grappling would be really hard. I think this is a case where technique would not overcome the huge strength gap. Could you imagine trying to control a Gorilla's arms while he's in your guard? That being said, a Gorilla probably wouldn't be expecting any low kicks or anything, so the NHB guy might be able to surprise him with something like that. Now, if there's any trees in the ring, the Gorilla would have the advantage. And, since the NHB guy has had years to train, does the Gorilla get years to train before the match, too? lol."

In almost all cases I think the match would go to the Gorilla.

What do you think?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

First, it depends on what type of Donkey Kong we are talking about, Alpha or beta male.

Alpha male goes through quite a training process, it grows up in the "mean street" of African jungle, fighting other gorilla for dominance.

It got skillz and judging from what happen in the Texas zoo when one of those gorilla (a relatively domesticated gorilla) broke out two weeks ago, I sent my condolence to the nhb fighter who is going to get trounced.

Pluse it knows gorilla style and we all know how powerful gorilla style is. now, we only need to get it on video clip to convince the rest of the masses.
    Last edited by WanderingMonk; 03-29-2004 at 11:00 AM.

Talking depends on the fighters!

Let's say the gorilla in question is donkey kong. In this case, a well trained MMA fighter with the agility, speed, and endurance necessary to climb ladders fast and jump over multiple barrells should have a good chance.

If the gorilla in question is King Kong, then you would have to get some great MMA coaches to train Godzilla as the MMA representative. I would focus Godzilla's training in muay thai skills (he can throw a helluva thai kick with that tail of his), takedown defense and a good guard. King Kong looks like a ground and pound type fighter, so these skills would be a good counter to his style.

If its a normal wild gorilla, I don't know about the fight, but we'd have to get the animal planet guy as commentator. His analysis of animal fighting techniques is always topnotch.

I think that even a chimp or male baboon would take out any single human on the planet, let alone a gorilla.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Gorilla or chimp by death pummel 2:01 Rd1

Baboon be teeth gouge 1:07 Rd 1

A gorilla wouldn't stand there and box with you, it would rush in close, baring it's teeth, screaming and grab you. Grabbing, pushing and biting is it's favored techniques. Regardless of if it's a alpha or beta etc it's still a ****ing ape and apes are strong as hell. A chimpanzee is atleast 200 % stronger than your average strong guy so you could imagine how strong that big ass gorilla is.
    I do however beleive there is a way to beat it. Maybe if your lucky you might get a big power punch right on the apes nose while he's rushing you and he'll get scared, leaving him open to a follow up cross. (I'm talkin Tyson punches here)

If the fight goes to the ground you should always aim a kick at those ape nuts.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I fought an ape once.... hold on, no, nevermind, he was just really hairy.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Next time, ask Red5 to shave his bizalls.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

they had a special on fox a while ago about man vs animals. They had a sumo guy doing a tug of war with an orangatan or something. a sprinter racing a gazelle and a giraffe. then they had that japanese kid who wins all the eating contests go against a bear. They had to eat 50 hot dogs. the bear won, but it was an epic battle
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

^ I totally forgot to watch. Who won the other ones?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I think the guy beat the giraffe, but the animals won the other ones. The orangatan was really strong. It was funny because the japanese kid gave the bear all the props "I would like to challenge him again"
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

a chimp can rip your arm straight out of it's socket .... i don't think there would even be a contest with a gorrilla. not without at least a stick and preferably a gun.
    where's my beer?

Lol, there's no way I'd attack a gorilla with a ****ing stick! It would just pull it out of your hand and beat you with it... no hang on, at least it would divert it from pulling off your arm and beating you with that, or just pulling off your head!!!

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Originally posted by Mat
    Lol, there's no way I'd attack a gorilla with a ****ing stick! It would just pull it out of your hand and beat you with it... no hang on, at least it would divert it from pulling off your arm and beating you with that, or just pulling off your head!!!

I would use a stick - a big hollow stick with a firing chamber at one end. Some people call it a cannon, but that's just semantics
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Against a 350 lb gorilla?! Not a man alive could do it unarmed. I wouldn't even want to watch it, it would be too freakin horrible seein' a guy get mangled that bad! Bleah!