Thread: Where have the legends gone?

Tap Man Guest

Where have the legends gone?

Hello all,
    I am new to this forum and would like to say that due to my training in several arts I care nothing for political bashing. If your art makes you happy and you get the mind/body/spirit that you want from it, then as far as i'm concerned you train in a good art. I would like to learn more about Wing Chun folk lore. Hence any stories that anyone has to share reguardless of lineage I would like to hear them. In each art I train i try to learn everything about it I can so i can get an entire sense of the art. I have found that in some of the other arts I train in such as Muay Thai and Kali that the history teaches lessons that sometimes the principles don't really express. The lineage of Wing Chun i train in has been great and the principles are outstanding but I haven't heard any "legends" or stories.
    All lineages are welcome to share. As i see it under the sky there is but one family.
    Thanks.

Eric Guest

hmmm

go to http://www.wingchunkuen.com/ and look around there. They have a great deal of history and information. There are other sites as well, just search.

esr

Tap Man Guest
    Thanks i'll check it out
    -Tap Man

whippinghand Guest

politics

For someone who doesn't like politics, you seem to introduce the word quite often into your posts.

Watchman Guest

Book about Ip Man

Take a look at the book "Profile of a Kung Fu Master" by Ip Ching & Ron Heimberger. The book is chock full of stories about Ip Man told by Ip Ching.

It's listed on Amazon, or you can order it directly from www.wckfc.com.

There, that's my spam quota for the year taken care of. :D

One is weak because he makes preparation against others;
    he has strength because he makes others prepare against him.

-- Sun-Tzu