Thread: 22nd Anniversary

22nd Anniversary

The Student Association of the Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute is pleased to announce the 22nd Anniversary celebrations of the Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute on April 4, 2004, at 2pm, in the Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association at 62 Mott Street in Chinatown, New York City. We will be starting off with a Lion Dance performance followed by a gung fu demonstration. Besides our school, there will be several other schools including Hung Gar, Southern Mantis, Wing Chun, Dragon, Tai Chi as well as Karate and Tae Kwan Do. In addition, there will be a promotion certificate and awards ceremony. Tickets are available for $25 each at Bok Lei Poh Trading Company at 63 Mott Street prior to the performance as well as at the door on the day of the performance. All are welcome. The Student Association wishes to congratulate Master Chuy on his 22 years of dedicated instruction of the Northern Praying Mantis style.

Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute
    A "Laughing Buddha" or "Dai Tao Fut" is usually found cavorting in front of and leading the lion(s) in a Southern Lion Dance troupe.

I speak for myself and not for my Si Fu nor kwoon, so any errors I make are mine alone.

Thumbs up Congratulations!

For Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute, NY

Congratulations for this 22nd anniversary celebration of traditional chinese martial arts teachings in NY.
    Master Tony Chuy teachs Praying Mantis System in NY for all levels after over twenty years of teachings. It is really an amazing and rare opportunity for all people who are interesting in a deep aspects of chinese martial arts.
    In the name of Brendan Lai Gong fu Institute in Brazil, we all wish more and more prosperity for Master Chuy, his family and his school in this anniversary as well.
    Sincerely,

Samuel Mendonça, Brazil

Thumbs up Congratulations

Indeed a joyous occassion. Sifu Tony Chuy is a senior of mine. My deep respects and best wishes to him. Also good wishes to the success of the event.

Sincerely,

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Report on Anniversary and Thanks

We would like to thank those of you who braved the rain and, despite it also being Palm Sunday, showed up in the hundreds to show your support for our school. We started off with a "dim jing" ceremony presided over by Mr. York Chen, the President of the Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association, who "woke" one of our new lions up to the spirit world. Then we proceeded to give a demonstration of our empty-hand, weapon and sparring forms from our Seven Star Mantis and Tai Chi Mantis lineages. In addition, our Sifu demonstrated trapping, locking and takedown techniques.

We would like to express our thanks to the many masters who participated in our celebrations. In particular, we would like to thank Sifu Norman Chin of the Southern Mantis style, Sifu C.K. Chu of the Tai Chi style, Sifu Wan Chi Ming of the Hung Gar style, Sifu Yip Wing Hong of the Dragon style, Shihan Robert Ornes (8th degree black belt) of the Shotokan Kodokan Dojo and Master Geraldine Michalik of the Richard Chun Tae Kwon Do school. We would especially like to thank Sifu Henry Chung who journeyed all the way from Michigan to see our school and meet us for the first time, not to mention lend us his support to our 22nd anniversary celebrations. We look forward to seeing all of you again next year for our 23rd.
    A "Laughing Buddha" or "Dai Tao Fut" is usually found cavorting in front of and leading the lion(s) in a Southern Lion Dance troupe.

I speak for myself and not for my Si Fu nor kwoon, so any errors I make are mine alone.

Thanks for the good wishes

Thank you for the good wishes, Brazil Mantis and Mantis108.

22 years! awsome even though the weather wasnt the best, you have our blessings from KUNG FU USA...........
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Thanks EarthDragon.