Thread: Weighted Vests

Weighted Vests

Anyone know where I can get a weighted vest, more than 50lbs, that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg??
    Amithaba

and how are we weighting?....I know in one of Genes' articles he once mentioned that his chocked with journo jazz and I've seen a couple that'd be easy to slit and add some jockey leads to ??? What's everyone else doing? and like premier said...where'r you getting them?

premier -- you're really not going to find a good weight vest that heavy for cheap. trust me -- i looked, after sevenstar looked as well. this is about the average, but the vests are of good quality: http://www.weightvest.com
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Yah i was surfing the web looking at different sights. I liked the one from weightvest.com but the price was something else. Close to $300!! Thanx though
    Amithaba

Sandbags and a quality Backpack.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

LoL I've tried that before. The weight is uneven compared to a vest.
    Amithaba

What do you want it for? If you didn't like Ka's suggestion, you won't like mine, but I just use a double looped length of rope and regular Olympic weights for pullups. Takes a few seconds to change weights and I just loop it around my waist. Then the end with the weight hangs down one side of my nuts. Of course, I couldn't run with it or anything. Once I "walked fast" inside to answer the phone, though .

Are these things safe for endurance exercises? I want to get one but for exercises like swimming, running, pushups, pullups, etc.
    That 100'lb'r looks NIIIICEEE. I'll definitely save up and get one IF they're safe for those type exercises.
    I'd honestly probably wear it even when not exercising too. I do that a lot with ankle weights and wrist weights too.

just like any exercise, your muscles don't know what flavor of resistance is, just that it's resistance. they'll respond in kind.

so will your joints, and that's the bigger issue with stuff like running. the impact on the feet, ankles and knees from an extra 50 lbs. isn't suggested. rather, work on running faster, or toss some interval sprints in there, or get off the **** treadmill and hit a trail for some variety and fresh air.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Treadmill?! Thought you knew me better than that! I'm sooooo anti-treadmill! I'm anti-run-on-pavement too.
    I run on dirt/grass/trails or soft man-made road.

wtf? Have fun swimming with a 100lbs vest on.

I hardly float as it is with no vest on.

Anyway, I think Ringside or Title boxing or something has some 20 and 40lbs weighted ones for not that expensive. I know I've seen them somewhere.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    [B]just like any exercise, your muscles don't know what flavor of resistance is, just that it's resistance. they'll respond in kind.

so will your joints, and that's the bigger issue with stuff like running. the impact on the feet, ankles and knees from an extra 50 lbs. isn't suggested. rather, work on running fasterand.....

I was reading some runners mag last night and they were saying the best the training method to get your time and cardio fitness up is to do "rythym runs"...which is like 240 - resting pulse- age..(or was that half??) , divided or x by .84 + resting pulse blah blah blah...I'll find the article an post it in a day or two, as an ex-runner and someone looking to pick up that facet of training it sounded good.....they do like a 3km warm up run then from 6 up to 12 1km runs through out the day at "rythym" then a 5-7 min cool down between each.
    totally doable right...(for about what 5-8mins max each)

I'll get back to yas

weird.

sounds like a jogger's version of greasing the groove.

do a search on this forum. This question comes up every so often, and I posted several links in one of the threads.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter