Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's a link to fight footage

Fa-Jing, you are right on in your assesment.

As for the knees, they never really bothered me. I went back and forth from blocking them (to negate points earned on me) and just saying the hell with them to try and get a hit in.

I was surprised that his blows didn't hurt. He connected with one shot in the second round that was a "hello" shot, but other than that nothing really landed heavy. In fact, early on I was feeling good, that he couldn't hurt me. But he used his leverage well.

I need to remind myself to get my legs under me no matter how tired I am in the clinch, not to lean. By mid-second round though I was a rag doll and that's why I bowed out. I had a woozy head the week before from training and didn't want to leave myself open to a big head shot.

He played a great game and deserved to win. San Da is a lot of fun and I hope to be in there leaner and meaner in Sept, maybe fighting at 185. If I train and surf no problem it shouldn't be a big deal. I can actually put it on and take it off quite easily.... just been enjoying a new girl this winter and hybernation, ect.

Thanks everyone for the input.

PS

I was also overextending on my strikes... some wild doozies.

What I should have done when he covered up was hook him, snatch his shield, open him up, hook with the left and do the same and turn it into chi sau ... but again, low fuel, low output.

I was wonderning why you didn't kick more. I think you could have stuck him with some front heel kicks.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Thumbs up

good effort man. You're the shorter guy not wearing a shirt right? Or were you the taller guy in black? Keep testing yourself. Every time you step in there you get a little better and use more technique than last time.

lol @ the girl shouting "finish him!" at the end like in mortal kombat.

i've never been in the ring before but i'd like to soon. i've found a vale tudo place not far from me so i think i'll go see what they're like.

just a few q's:

why didn't you knee him in the clinch?
    what was your coachs' assesment?
    what sort of training were you doing leading up to the match?
    what sort of training are you planning on doing for your next one?
    ________
    YAMAHA VIRAGO
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 01:16 PM.

as you said yourself, you should work on fighting in the clinch. The other guy didn't seem to have very good hands, and you were able to take the fight to him by closing in and throwing punches. He might've won the fight, but at least he didn't really put you away. Like I said, just keep training and keep stepping in there. All of us who fight know that we are a tier above those who never had the courage to, regardless of style. good job!

Dude you gave him a pummeling man, good job... I know EXACTLY where you are at with the stamina thing, but I don't know the proper way to train for it?

I would like to know the steps you plan on taking to improve your stamina. I noticed the taller dude didn't seem to run outta steam too quick, he always had enough energy for a pretty good punch or kick.

Also, I just spar in my kung fu class, light contact etc. but I find myself winded and stuff. I've been jogging and it helps a little but there's always room for more improvement.
    -Sakko

Thumbs up

you would beat my ass.
    where's my beer?

I've been jogging and it helps a little but there's always room for more improvement.
    might wanna try to throw in some sprints..... i was doing "suicides" for a while on the b-ball court around my way..... helped a little.......

GDA rd 1 0:52 by hilarious humor with bad taste
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

My master saw the fight

He thinks the other guy hasn't trained too long, but fought a very smart fight, saying the other school "knows how to fight." Then he through in the stinger that the other guy looked more like his student ... ouch.

Anyway, he said that it wasn't so much conditioning than that I wore myself out. After the other guy initiated action, it triggered "fight" in me and I went kind of nuts and when I tired he clinched my head pulling me down making it hard to breath, ala Jesus on the cross.

He went on to say that I also wasted more energy striking his body in the clinch and that shows nervousness .... true, true.

Thank God he says that I'm actually in a very good position there and that there's a million things to do. So I'm going to go learn them and prepare for the next one.

I have no audio on my computer and he says some chick is yelling and its kind of funny, too.

Thank God he says that I'm actually in a very good position there and that there's a million things to do.
    i noticed that too..... a good throw game may or may not have given you an edge..... i was watching like "Oh, TURN!!!".... lol
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Originally posted by Suntzu
    GDA rd 1 0:52 by hilarious humor with bad taste
    i was being serious though. ef would thoroughly kick my pasty white little ass.

not that i wouldnt enjoy it mind you.
    where's my beer?

GDA, I have the feeling you're a very tough man.

"Anyway, he said that it wasn't so much conditioning than that I wore myself out."

WTF! "you're not out of shape, just fight slower?"

"Then he through in the stinger that the other guy looked more like his student "

WTF!!!
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Re: My master saw the fight

Originally posted by EvolutionFist
    Then he through in the stinger that the other guy looked more like his student ... ouch.
    So, the other guy has trained just a short amount of time, but his instructor has managed to teach him how to apply the fighting principles your teacher is trying to teach.

Sounds like you should train under the other guy's instructor.