Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aboutshaolin.com

aboutshaolin.com

Anyone know anythign of this site? Is it a good source for information? Who operates it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Been posted a few times...

they just started a forum too.

here was the email I got this morning:

http://www.aboutshaolin.com/forum/index.php

Enjoy and share your thoughts and questions about Shaolin.

Remeber, you must help Shaolin community to let it exist.....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I see your boy Musashi is over there starting a ruckuss!

http://www.aboutshaolin.com/forum/th...d=461_0_10_0_C
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

this is a good site for kung fu too.
    http://www.bikerfox.com/foxphotos2/
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Thta reminded me of the kids in teh hall sketch "he's hip, he's cool he's 45"

lol @ biker fox yeesh! It takes all kinds donut?

hahaha
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Wong Kiew Kit is from Indonesia (I think), so his understanding may be from people closer to the source. Who knows?
    MTV-Get Off The Air-Now

Well I don't know who he is, but the "Editorial Team" addressed his message like there was some validity to Su Kong. I've NEVER seen anyone outside of an SD site (and the genetics paper from CA) akcnowledge Su Kong soooooo I was wondering about their "Editorial Staff" I'd love for them to be third-party types. . .

Originally posted by Ralphie
    Wong Kiew Kit is from Indonesia (I think), so his understanding may be from people closer to the source. Who knows?
    Well that's what I'm hoping: Someone outside of SD with some information pertaining to our much maligned lineage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

History

As most of us know the Northern Temple was destroyed in 1928
    As far as the southern temple- here an account I found interesting.

"Mr. Chen Si Dong later had 13 articles in the Quan Zhou Evening News covering "Southern Shaolin Temple at Quan Zhou.? His resources included the Song Dynasty work "Jiading WenLing Records? edited by Minister Cheng Zhuo, a Ming Dynasty copy of the "History of the Qing Yuan area?, an 1810 copy of the Records of the Western Mountain, the 1927 "Martial Lineage of the Fu,? and the 1941 "Shaolin Martial Arts Reference? by Tang Hao.

Here are the main points Mr. Chen covers. First, all the materials, old to new, record the location of the Southern Shaolin Temple as Quan Zhou's eastern area, in the Qing Yuan mountain's eastern peak. The Records of the Western Mountain, say "The wisdom of the ¯13 Empties' entered Min, built the Shaolin Temple on Qing Yuan Mountain, and settled there. Min's martial monks all begin from this place.? "The Shaolin Temple began with 13, and a high wall. The temple's monks number in the thousands, with hundreds of acres and fragrant forests.? Because Quanzhou Shaolin opposed the Min ruler, Wang Shen Zhi, the temple was razed for the first time. In the Song dynasty because "thousands of monks opposed the Mongols,? the temple was razed for a second time.
    Then in 1763, the Qing emperor issued orders to raze it again, however it was never rebuilt.

Hmmmmmmm

Wong Kiew Kit's group seems very very out there

yoink
    Last edited by Brad; 04-06-2004 at 08:05 PM.

LOL OBVIOUSLY when musashi asked about su kong the "editorial staff" did an internet search to provide the answer. What they wrote about him was straight from the SD crowd.

either that, or B, the site is ran by some SD'er

don't fall for the conspiracy known as SD

further, at least Wong Kiew Kit's martial art LOOKS like kung fu
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Wong Kiew Kit is from Malaysia.

He knows his stuff and is (by all accounts) good, but he and his students seem to be arrogant.

He claims shaolin arts are the best martial arts based on their history and mutitude of great fighters they have produced. A good claim, but he should also include Muay Thai and Silat to then!

His students can fight with the movements they use in their forms, but they lack power from what I've seen.

Wong Kiew Kit does have exception qi-gong i've read and heard on several occasions. I would like to meet him one day and see for myself.

just my 2 cents worth.

and yup....southern shaolin was never rebuilt. As i've said before (and got lots of stick for it on this forum) 'shaolin kung-fu still exists, but shaolin monks....?'

My Shifu has told us several times there were no monks (soldier monks) in shaolin until after Jet Li's 'Shaolin temple'....then they started appearing...doing wushu style shaolin! (paid by the chinese government to)!

www.zhenwei.org
    I think, therefore I am awake!

It's easier to learn to do it now and maintain it in old age than to try and learn it in old age.

The world is my oyster.....Unfortunately I'm vegtarian.

Yeah, it looks like they Googled the name in that initial response. Where do you guys keep getting stuff like:
    Actually, the Chinese have heard of the legend of the 'Hairy Monk' and when Grandmaster Sin Kwang Thé met the head abbott of the temple in 1999 or something like that, and they found out his lineage, it caused a large commotion in the temple.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

man SD on the aboutshaolin i saw that and was like (click x in corner).
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.