Thread: Work time workout...

Work time workout...

OK, so I've worked in a 25-35 minute break into my work day...

I'm looking for suggestions for workouts to do during that 25-35 minute break that won't get me too sweaty. So far I've been doing lunges, crunches, and push ups (a few different types). Is it worth it if I don't want to sweat too much at work? I'm going to start doing my endurance/calisthetics (sp?) / cardio stuff after work on Tus. and Thurs. now... go to class on Mon. Wed. and Sat. and do strength stuff inter mixed...

But I'm looking for a little extra, and I was thinking that my pre lunch break would work fine...

any suggestions.

thanks

NP
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I would think (and someone can correct me here) that if you don't want to sweat, your time would be better spent doing something extremely explosive (like oly lifts or low rep plyometrics) or by doing something more technique oriented (maybe stretching, stepping through some techniques, light shadow boxing, etc).

Non-plyometric bodyweight exercises (bwe) are usually designed for endurance. Lifting weights in a non-explosive manner will generally require more sets and repetitions.

I usually don't need to worry about sweat if I'm doing maximal exercise for extremely short bursts; or doing very light exercise for the duration.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

in our somewhat nicely equiped fitness room.... if sweat ISN'T on the menu i stick to low rep heavyweight stuff... i use the machines i wouldn't usually touch... leg press... leg ext... cable machine... do stuff like curls and push downs.... shrugs... and watch boxing on the sunshine network when the CNN hounds aren't around....
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Thanks guys.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Door frame pullups!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

I'll need to get one of the ones that mounts without drilling...

Does someone have that link handy?

Any more ideas?
    practice wu de

pistols. find a staircase and do then slowly, get the form down, then do whenever you want.

do them every hour or three as well. take a "pee" break, hit the stairs and do some more.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

norther practitioner,

I humbly suggest that you consider using those minutes during the day to meditate or do breathing exercises like 8 pieces of brocade. Doing so will get you mentally pumped and primed for the rest of your work day and for your evening practice.

mickey

Originally posted by mickey
    norther practitioner,

I humbly suggest that you consider using those minutes during the day to meditate or do breathing exercises like 8 pieces of brocade. Doing so will get you mentally pumped and primed for the rest of your work day and for your evening practice.

mickey

I do that in the morning.. and as needed throughout the day. Thank you for the suggestion, I will actually keep that fresh in my head.

Thanks rub.
    practice wu de

So, I haven't been on a scale in a grip.... I went to my old room mates house yesterday, jumped on the scale, and almost cried. Winter was evil to me, 13 lbs evil. Granted, I am a little stronger now, so I'm guessing about 3-4 lbs of that is muscle, but I need to take off 10 lbs fast.

By the way, pistols are really hard for me right now (as I'm a chunky ass mofo), but I'm starting to do them. I need to flop a few inches right now onto the second stair outside my office. I hope in a month, I can get them down, and maybe two I can really incorporate them as a staple in my workout.

The good thing is I picked up MY bike... mountain biking season is here, and I am stoked.
    practice wu de

sounds like you're getting some good advice here.

If pistols are too hard at the moment, maybe try them with one hand supported on something...like a desk or chair or a bar????

Still too much?? maybe just 50ea squats to mabu then squats to narrow of same???

I'll second the brocade suggestion and the stretches......maybe some v-hols off a chair or in a staircase???

good luck

Thanks bl.. I always appreciate your words...

I'm working on pistols...

I've still got squats and thrusts, but the pistols will come.

I just have to give it a few weeks.
    practice wu de

do the Snake Turns Over program
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Snake Turns Over program
    practice wu de