Thread: Travelling in the USA

Travelling in the USA

HELP!
    I am hoping to be in Seattle for the Celtic vs Chelsea soccer match ( I know silly but it seems like fun) for July 24th, what would be the best (and cheapest) way to travel across the States (I'm thinking train) to get to Philiadelphia for the 2nd of August and get to train at a couple of WT SCHOOLS.
    any ideas
    Best Regards
    Peter

"pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Cheepest would be bus, if you could stomach it.

Train's not bad, but some of the fairs are comparable to plane tickets today. You might want to check JetBlue and other low-cost providers, too.

But the train would let him see the country better than a flight would. the bus would probably let him see more of the country than anyone wants to see. And AmTrack has been offering some nice cross-country fairs lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

depends on where your coming from really. Bus is the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. The train is my favorite way to go, however, it can actually be more expensive then taking a plane.

PQS -- the travel advice given is correct.

as far as wt schools, washington is my neck of the woods. my sidai has a school just north of seattle, and the school i go to is about 90 minutes north. we'd be happy to exchange rib shots with a european brudder.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Yeah, but after you pass the rockies, on either bus or train, there isn't anything to see in the midwest, except a few cows, cornfields, maybe some wheat/hay/oat/grain type fields, and the occasional clueless midwesterner (all offences implied). I'd say just fly to philly, see NY, Penn, Boston if you can get up there, and have a good time.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I beg to differ, there is alot to see. It's just dark when you pass the interesting stuff. And Idaho is actually quite lovely along the AmTrack routes. The only train route that isn't is the Zephyr which runs between California and Denver via the deserts of Nevada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it