Thread: Pointing to the Moon Part 4:

Pointing to the Moon Part 4:

In this thread, I would like to list and discuss various "Training Methods."

Training methods are excersizes, drills, patterns, basically any specific way of going about training, teaching, learning, or practicing all sorts of activitys, techniques, skills, attributes, or otherwise.

Im not looking for the specifics of each training method: "do this, then that... align this with that and step when..." none of this.

I would rather list the methods by some sort of name, style or art, Range , a description of its benefits, and what exactly the training method is training, be it techniques, patterns of movement, or a particularattribute or group of attributes.

Ill be back shortly to list a few.

Thanks!

strike!

heavybag -

conditions limbs, builds striking power, can be used for cardiovascular conditioning.

there are several ways you can work the heavy bag - striking combinations, using the same strike repeatedly, etc. for whatever duration you desire.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

focus mitts

Can work specific techniques, combinations of techniques, punches, kicks, knees, elbows, can improve endurance, speed, mobility, focus, and power. Focus mitts have a habit of hitting back, so if a partner is available, their value is great.

strike!

inner tubes

in judo, we wrap inner tubes around a pillar and do uchi komis with them. It's a good way to work hundreds of fit ins, even if you don't have a partner. Also, you can get a decent cardio workout.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter