Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrenal responses and lifting cars

Hybrid View

Adrenal responses and lifting cars

Someone mentioned in another thread that those mommies who lift cars off of their kids in those situations often suffer from torn muscles and ligaments and stuff. Is that true? I didn't know that was a result!

Also, are there any documented cases of this happening? We've all heard stories, but you know... any caught on camera or anything?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Hi Ironfist,

My sister told me the story of the woman who lifted the car off her loved one when I was very young. She was the only one who told me that the woman had to be hospitalized due to internal injuries; most of the time I have only heard the first half of the story. The adrenal response is that strong. I have learned through my own experiences that the other organs have similar reserves.

mickey

Originally posted by mickey
    I have learned through my own experiences that the other organs have similar reserves.
    Please elaborate

Hi Ironfist,

It is nothing surreal.

I actually learned this when I was working excessively long hours accompanied by minimal rest. I noticed that my body was actually drawing energy from organs at various points in time to keep the body going. It was a very strange experience, yet very insightful to the possibilities of the human body under stress. Maybe that was the lesson I was supposed to learn.

Even the Five Elements Theory of Chinese medicine acknowledges the energies of the various organs.

mickey

I dont know any people offhand who have done something like this but I have read alot of documentaries on it. Its real. The human body is an amazing thing. As far as what happened with the torn ligaments... heavy lifting injuries typically cause the ripping of connective tissues.

You ever watch documentaries on the builders of the pyramids? The workers could be easily identified by the damage the heavy lifting had had on their bones (ex. the connective tissues ripping off the bone). I think though the body is capable of channeling such power under deep emotional duress, the average body is incapable of withstanding the damage. Maybe an experienced powerlifter might come away reasonably unscathed. Yet, I have to wonder. What would happen if these massive body builders were infused with the same adrenaline rush as these housewives, etc? I'll say this... I dont think I ever heard of any man doing such amazing feats. Perhaps it is a chemical reaction that can only be performed by females? Perhaps the man is incapable of reaching such emotional extremes to activate the glands that hyper-produce this quantity of adrenaline? Who knows.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Originally posted by mickey
    I noticed that my body was actually drawing energy from organs at various points in time to keep the body going. It was a very strange experience, yet very insightful to the possibilities of the human body under stress.
    How do you know?

Hi Ironfist,

I could actually feel it. The sensitivity comes from the meditative practices that I have been doing over the years. Usually, when one refers to the dantien, they are referring to a point 2-3 inches under the navel. What happened was that I experienced my liver as a dantien point, my heart as a dantien point, etc. I felt the energy radiating outward from each organ. We used tend to use only one kidney; well during that period of time I felt the other one at work. It was a great lesson about the human potential.

mickey

Ironfist,

Your questions suggest that you are at the very beginning of a long and enjoyable road in internal training and development. I would suggest, again, that you explore the world of yoga. I would also suggest that you get a copy of Mantak Chia's Awakening the Healing Energy Through the Tao.

It's going to be a fun trip.

mickey

Re: Adrenal Response

The conscoius use of the adrenal response forms the foundation of Mike Dayton's "Chi Mind Control." I managed to get a copy of the manual. When I read it and compared it to my aforementioned experiences, I realized there was much left to explore.

mickey

Clarification,

There was much territory left unexplored with "Chi Mind Control"

mickey

mickey,

are those texts which you cited for self-healing, mayhap?

I've got this pesky chest injury that just refuses to stop bothering me.

ps: it looks like that I have a minimum of two clients to train once I get healed up! yay!

Both are students at my dojo. One is a father in his 30's with an arthritic hip, and a little bit of extra weight, and the other is his son who's legs are EXTREMELY scrawny.
    I'm gonna be an official trainer with a certification and working torso and clients and stuff like that! yay!
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Hi Vash,

"Awakening the Healing Energy Through the Tao" is about opening the Microcosmis orbit. It is also known as the Small Heavenly Circle. I think it is a good starting point and I recommend it for informational purposes. Once you are ready to embark on that road, seek instruction. Mike Dayton's book champions the conscious control of the adrenl response. from that standpoint it is quite pioneering. Mike should have kept working with it. I think it would have evolved into a situation where "Western" psychological thought arrives "East": in a way far more advanced than Jung could ever envision.

Vash, try yoga. It does a body good.

mickey

Vash,

I realized that I did not quite answer your question. I would not recommend them for self healing. They do not offer that kind of information.

Still, yoga can help.

mickey

Vash,

I scoured through my bookcase for an appropriate title that may help you:

Bio-Etheric Healing by Trudy Lanitis

This identifies and explains the role of the Etheric body. It is the blueprint for the physical body and can be accessed for healing. I can do this but I have yet to be accomplished at it.

mickey

Most likely untrue. Refer to absolute strength and strength deficit.