Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrenal responses and lifting cars

WTF do you know about internal art and qi???? from the nature of your trolling I'm going out on limb on saying D*CK

pls see nueral override and "super natural power!!"

( and pls..before you tell me I'm mad..tell it to dudes who I just saw smash iron rods over their head)

cheers

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Absolute strength: The absolute amount of force your muscles are capable of producing.

Maximal Strength: The amount of force your muscles can produce voluntarily.

Strength Defecit: The discrepency between the two.

The average woman with her lean muscle mass most likely doesn't even have the potential to lift a car. Adrenaline doesn't give you strength. It only breaks down the limits imposed by your CNS (Central Nervous System) to lessen or completely remove your strength deficit.

The effects of adrenaline on an elite lifter's strength is even less because through years of training, he has lessened his strength deficit and is using a much larger percentage of his absolute strength than a normal man.

( and pls..before you tell me I'm mad..tell it to dudes who I just saw smash iron rods over their head)
    on a list of things that aren't impressive, only really fat people ranks below this.

even if were impressive, it has **** all to do with strength.

ironfist--i saw a vid clip, many years ago, of a man who lifted a van off his wife. he blew out his back, his knees and got a hernia. i think that's about par for the course.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Originally posted by Merryprankster

on a list of things that aren't impressive, only really fat people ranks below this.

So what are you tryin to say huh?
    Us fat people are like second class citizens?
    U betta watch u mouf or me and my fat brethren will grab boxes of donuts and lay on you ground huggers until we're ready for brunch.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

why do that if you could just beat my ass standing.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

ironfist--i saw a vid clip, many years ago, of a man who lifted a van off his wife. he blew out his back, his knees and got a hernia. i think that's about par for the course.
    Wow! Was it a good quality video?

I wonder what happens in a situation like that. Do you just instinctively know "I'm gonna go lift up this van?" I mean... who thinks they can actually lift a car enough to even try?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Originally posted by Ford Prefect
    Absolute strength: The absolute amount of force your muscles are capable of producing.

Maximal Strength: The amount of force your muscles can produce voluntarily.

Strength Defecit: The discrepency between the two.

The average woman with her lean muscle mass most likely doesn't even have the potential to lift a car. Adrenaline doesn't give you strength. It only breaks down the limits imposed by your CNS (Central Nervous System) to lessen or completely remove your strength deficit.

The effects of adrenaline on an elite lifter's strength is even less because through years of training, he has lessened his strength deficit and is using a much larger percentage of his absolute strength than a normal man.

so what are you all saying here???? that internal art and strength relating to chi or even fajing is a figment of my imagination......I dont even need you to understand....most westerners dont

cheers
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 04-13-2004 at 08:31 PM.

ironfist,

i think it was on that's incredible or something, so it was ok. years ago....

so what are you all saying here???? that internal art and strength relating to chi or even fajing is a figment of my imagination......I dont even need you to understand....most westerners dont
    no. we're saying that there is a very clear biological explanation for the lifting of cars thing, that has been demonstrated time and again, which has absolutely nothing to do with what you are talking about. this is quite a distinction.

it's not even an adrenaline issue, per se. PCP will do the same thing.

Ford is so correct the correct says it has the Ford.

absolute strength in any muscle group and then overall can be fairly accurately estimated for an individual (it would involve a biopsy at different major muscle groups, some calculations involving cross-sectional areas, etc). but maximal strength is what you can do with your body's safety mechanisms in place. Your body protects itself from your muscular force by imposing limits--it knows you can cause some serious damage to yourself.

Remove the safety and it's a lot more powerful. People on PCP don't get "stronger" so they can put their hand through a car hood--they just don't have anything holding them back. Of course, they break their hands, wrists, forearms in the process. people who lift overturned cars pay the price for having their safety switched off.

people who have trained a lot to lift really heavy things have less difference between their "safety" strength and their absolute strength, because their body's bio-feedback mechanisms don't scream "danger" as quickly--their connective tissue and organs can handle it all thanks to adaptation to that type of work.

Thumbs up

This is interesting stuff.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I've been trying to keep out of another BL-bashing thread, but **** that's funny! ROFLMAO! Nice one MP .

well, it's not really about bl bashing. more of a statement of fact.

any appropriately hard steel, of suitable length will break like that.

generally speaking harder the metal, the more brittle it is - it has less give.

it's an issue of leverage and momentum.

so it's a parlor trick, like laying on a bed of nails or the bowl that can't be removed from the stomach. it takes only a modicum of practice to be able to do it.

http://exn.ca/Stories/2003/06/09/51.asp

Shaolin qigong tricks explained by the discovery channel.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Greetings,

I gave Ford's explanations much thought before responding. I completely disagree; especially with his example if the elite weightlifter. Under a high stress (adrenaline inducing) situation, that person should be that much stronger.

Ford's analysis does not explain a six year old's ability to keep an injection needle from piercing through his skin.

mickey

So how do you keep the bowl stuck to your stomach?

And of course, what fighting applications does that have?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.