Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choy Fong Loong

Mr C.

Did Choy Fong Long learn a style called Mystical Phoenix style if so can you tell me about this style is it related to the Style called Chuka Shaolin Phoenix Eye Fist ?

Sorry FireHawk, there is no connection to Chu Ka (Chu Family) fist fighting as preserved in South East Asia. Mystical is my adjective for what Fong Loong Choy taught as "Phoenix " Boxing. Its one of the many guarded treasures of his lineage.
    Train, Train, Train

No problem Artic, As I have gotten older my own recollections have started to fade, maybe age brings with it "selective remembrance". I am glad we are on the same page and good luck to you on your own path!

Mr. C
    Train, Train, Train

Where can we get information on this person, Choy Fong Loong? I remember a few years ago, Mr. C getting upset by the fact that I questioned whether or not this person (mathmatically) could have been a student of WFH. He asserted that is was mathmatically possible. Does anyone have any info on him? (This individual would have been in his early twenties when WFH died.)

Hung Ga people?? Do any of you know of him?

When I was in Fut San, at the WFH museum, I looked for his name as a student, he was not mentioned. I had asked Sifu Mark Houghton, who had not heard of him, and later that day he asked his Sifu, Lau Ga-Leung, who told us he had never heard of him either.

I'm not a Hung Ga person, but I'm always interested in KF history. Does anyone have anything to add? I'd like to know more about him. I'm assuming Mr. C is correct and giving him the benefit of the doubt, but would love more info.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Sorry FireHawk, there is no connection to Chu Ka (Chu Family) fist fighting as preserved in South East Asia. Mystical is my adjective for what Fong Loong Choy taught as "Phoenix " Boxing. Its one of the many guarded treasures of his lineage.
    What is the style like?

Fong Lung Choy - Pana Félix Pam Choy

Grand Master Fong Lung Choy (as is written in his grave) was a well respected martial artist who came to Peru in the 1920´s. His Peruvian name was Pana Félix Pam Choy, as registered in his Death Certificate. The following video illustrates (around 80% accurate) one of his forms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3a8AMvsiAs.

The following videos belong to one of his disciples, Ricardo Leturia:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqdr_R2raY0
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlGpDBWOoeE

I am attaching 3 fotos of Fong Lung Choy when he was in his 70s. I am also attaching a picture of his grave with the names of some of his disciples.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Long Hu; 01-26-2017 at 07:43 PM.