Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choy Fong Loong

Choy Fong Loong

Has anyone ever heard of Gandmaster Choy Fong Loong? I will be moving to Oklahoma, where there are not many kung fu schools... There is one that offers Hung Gar and Wing Chun, but when I search for any record of the Grandmaster, I cannot find any information except on his son's website, which is www.kungfuokc.com. Any information on this man would be helpful.

Modified Choy Fong Long style?

The late Choy Fong Lung was from south China, he was first tutored in gung Fu by his parents, who due to their wealth secured training for their son, first with the Siu Lam Master Wong Fei Hung and then with Chan Bak Soon of the Ng Mui Kuen now generally called Wing or Weng Chun. For obvious reasons he became an anti-Japanese resistance fighter and later a sworn anti-communist fighter which forced him to leave his family in China to escape. I know he first came to San Francisco before eventually settling in Limas, Peru where he died at an old age.

Choy, Fong Lung had a number of sworn disciples but only one adopted son in Peru who was senior to this gentleman. He also had a real son and daughter in China.

Adopted son in Peru - Florencio Montoya

His disciple Ricardo has obviously modified the teachings to confirm to the popular Hong Kong looking style but Choy's art is significantly different in look than the HK styles but judging by the site you mentioned a lot of conforming to recognized form has been done, Why???

Perhaps you can ask him what happened to Sit tu hun, Fu Chao 36, Fu Chao 108, Hok Fun or Ng Mui's multi level Sil lien Tao, Cham Kiu and Biu Jee or the Mystical Phoenix style or Fu Bak Mei's Black Palm method or the lever armed dummy, the hanging dummy etc.

I tell you to do this, because you are accessable to him and can judge his answers face to face. I dont see the style I've become familiar with anywhere on his site. It baffles me!

I have seen the stlye on this site:

http://espanol.geocities.com/escuela...rado/index.htm

In any case good luck!
    Last edited by Mr. C; 04-09-2004 at 07:37 PM.
    Train, Train, Train

Where in Oklahoma will you be located? Oklahoma City? There's good kung fu around here, but you have to know where to look. Not much Southern style. I know of a Choy Lay Fut/ Wing Chun school in OKC, but I can't find their website at the moment.

Tulsa is just 1.5 hours away.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 04-12-2004 at 01:12 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

MK, I thought it was 24
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

I sure hope those video clips weren't representative of this "style"

Originally posted by Ben Gash
    MK, I thought it was 24
    Huh? Tulsa is about 1.5 hours from OKC.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Post gung fu around tulsa

hey masterkiller,

i've got a good friend of mine who is originally from tulsa and is goin to a grad school out here in virginia. he's very interested in gung fu, but doesn't want to bother joinin my school here b/c he will likely be leavin to go back home in december to move back to tulsa. i told him i'd try to do some research on any good schools around the area. i looked on some websites of some gung fu i found through google(can't really remember where) and i only remember findin a WC school that may be worthwhile(i think it was a TWC school). if this is all there is as far as gung fu, then i'd send him here b/c i'd rahter this than him go to some BS school where he's gonna spend years gettin bogged down w/ forms and no practical combat base. since he's very novice, WC would be a good base for him to establish at least basic self-defense skills. any suggestions would be most helpful. thank you in advance...

PS- i don't usually come on this forum anymore so an e-mail would be appreciated if u don't see me around for a while...
    "Pride builds walls between people; Humility builds bridges."- R. Warren

Gene Pitney song
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Originally posted by Ben Gash
    Gene Pitney song
    Oh, well, that should have been obvious.

Hello Artic,
    I am glad you edited your post for public consumption since the original response quite obviously gave you away as a very emotionally arrogant know it all. If you want to know who gave me this information, go to Japan an seek my brother (Mahn Fong). He was a disciple of Fong Loong Choy.
    Any one who trained under Fong Loong Choy in Lima ( Note that my "S" typo above has been removed), should know him and his nickname given here.
    When you get there you can call him a "Liar".

Now, since you seem to be so knowledgable in this subject, please use your second post ever in this forum to give details about what exactly is incorrect above. You do not have to reveal your true identity or your teachers unless it was Fong Loong Choy himself.

It has been almost four(4) years since this thread was started by someone looking for information, which I honestly answered, albeit with my own views and take.

Now Artic I know its very cold up there so have some nice hot tea before responding. It may serve as anifreeze.
    Train, Train, Train

Well, I can feel the love

Hello ;

Yeah I know, the first post I did was way too stupid , that is why I deleted .

There is any chance to private message in this forum? I can't get it

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFire View Post
    Hello ;

Yeah I know, the first post I did was way too stupid , that is why I deleted .

There is any chance to private message in this forum? I can't get it
    click on your name articfire on the upperleft hand side of your post and you will get pm options, then do the same for whoever you need...peace

Seen this a while back, he is no where near his teachers level and this is just a demonstration of moves he uses while free styling.

Other than your disagreement about Florencio Montoya's status with Don Pan, what where the other Inaccuracies? And who do you get your answers from?

If you can not stand by your statement, I will understand that you had no real value to add to this thread except to possibly present some or somebody's oppossing political endeavor (ie: wanting to be THE MAN) in a system where nine (9) students where taken through the inner gate and seven(7) stayed until the Masters death.

It would be best to except that there are SEVEN MEN in charge of their own paths thanks to the teachings of Don Felix Pan. Teachings that emphasized that "EVERYONE" has his own "PATH" and one must travel that path with "HONOR", not deceit.

In all honesty, I am presenting my information based on my own recollections. Some these recollections span from interaction that started twenty (20) years ago or so. I will accept any corrections from those that were there , naturally giving my brother a chance for input first.
    Last edited by Mr. C; 01-26-2008 at 04:18 PM.
    Train, Train, Train