View Poll Results: Organized Streetfighting Associations exist or not?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Exist, good way to test yourself intensly.

7 70.00%
  • Exstinction, it's only trouble.

3 30.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Underground Compitition

So do you think that it's more prone for yuong fighter's to enter tournaments of such a degree than older fighter's.
    Style is only defined by the limitations of a system of fighting and defending. So when in medatation ask yourself not "what are the weaknesses of thine enemy" but rather so what are your own weaknesses

I don't know. I'd imagine that the majority of them start young, at least. I cannot see many old-timers starting out as an...old-timer. Just not the best idea in the world, in my opinion.
    e-matt.org

Do you think your wutang sword can defeat me?

Has anyone ever heard of the amazing gracies?
    Style is only defined by the limitations of a system of fighting and defending. So when in medatation ask yourself not "what are the weaknesses of thine enemy" but rather so what are your own weaknesses

Why not just fight in a legitimate promotion? Sure there may be more rules but those are there to protect both you and your opponent. Besides, it would suck to go fight in an underground event and due to the lack of rules get so messed up that you could not defend yourself for weeks after. That would be rather counter to your goals don’t you think.
    Aaron Little

Head Coach
    Performance Edge Martial Arts
    www.TruthinCombat.com
    “Seeking Truth In Combat, One Drop Of Sweat At A Time!”

Lead Instructor
    Tactical Response Inc
    www.WarriorMindset.com

aaron
    its good to hear that you wouldnt do it but, what if someone forced you into a real streetfight battle. also what if you could not run away from the fight. yes there are rules out in the world but in a fight like my father said to me either kill or be killed. i know its a wrong thought about a fight, but when your out on the streets people are out there to take somethings away even your life to go with it. So streetfighting has helped me sharpen my skills and endure more pain than i can ever imagine. I can take pain to a point i love to get hurt. call me a sadomasocist. But i look at a pain as necessity to my everyday life. i just think that streetfighting has it benefits and its darkside.
    UNLAWFULBREAK

so are you still streetfighting unlawful break

Originally posted by MatT3T4
    Pretty stupid if you ask me. I'll go ahead and take the high road here without caring if I come across as being arrogant, but then again, I'm not the one with something to prove.

I don't see the need for anything more than a regular tournament, personally. People in underground tournaments usually end up getting beaten much harder than in sanctioned tournaments, and the fact that any martial artist would compete in something like this, to show their skill, and win a few bucks, makes me pretty angry. We've all been given something special, and to use it in this manner, to me at least, is a disgrace. I don't know, I just don't believe in unneccessary violence any more.

But, if you are looking for trouble, try a college town...and don't be embarrassed when some barbarian knocks the everloving snot out of you. I have a buddy who used to fight in underground bareknuckles matches in college. No martial arts experience, and frankly, none needed. He's about 6'5", and 350lbs...and he beat the **** out of everyone he came across. If you want to deal with that in a no holds barred match, that's your choice.

Martial arts have softened since the old days so why would it be a disgrace if we trained or competed traditionally without the fancy smancy gear that was probably only thought of after wing chun. Alot of poeple have suffered from injury but after a while they get back in shape and recognize where thier skills are. Alot of fights only end in KO's and Submisions. So is kickboxing disgraceful in anyway. Or UFC yournaments. If so then speak as loud as you would like and voice your opinions I would really like to know whats on your minds about this issue. I'm also getting a mixed response from the responder's so maybe the location and some other things are either left out or unclear. Fights accur inside a building not out on the streets. And we have honor and things like that. I've seen Tournament rivals in the streets of the city but we can shake hands and acknowledge that we are looking foreward to the next tournament. So what if all of us (not saying all are) are sanctified and claer headed but just have no other training results from new age training and regular tournament fights. what if we need a sharper edge than other's to become perfect. Because I believe any real Martial Artist would push his very hardest to become best at what he does. Also soon a website will be made by the Iron Wind Clan Martial Arts Team. There are currently 16 members to our team. 2 tansoo doo artist, 3 jkd practitioner's, 1 nijitsu artist, 2 wing chun artist, 4 boxers, 1 capiorera artist, an aki-juijitsu artist, and 1 chinna expert, and another is a grappler of his own technique but we all show him respect because he faught his way into the team and is almost invincible if his fight ever touches the floor. Together we are the Iron Wind Clan. For those that may have not seen my method of fighting it is Kung Fu Wu Su. Which I guess is a basic mixture like that which the loyal munks inthe pai mai leged may have created. It tends to get northerny but I guess it's cool if I can handle almost any range.

Originally posted by unlawfulbreak
    I can take pain to a point i love to get hurt. call me a sadomasocist. But i look at a pain as necessity to my everyday life. i just think that streetfighting has it benefits and its darkside.
    UNLAWFULBREAK
    fight in mma.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Ironwind

Martial arts have softened since the old days so why would it be a disgrace if we trained or competed traditionally without the fancy smancy gear that was probably only thought of after wing chun. Alot of poeple have suffered from injury but after a while they get back in shape and recognize where thier skills are. Alot of fights only end in KO's and Submisions. So is kickboxing disgraceful in anyway. Or UFC yournaments. If so then speak as loud as you would like and voice your opinions I would really like to know whats on your minds about this issue.
    There is a huge difference. For one, get caught fighting at an underground tournament, and have fun getting buttsexed in jail. As well, there are no EMS personnell on duty. Get the crap beat out of you, and you're on your own. It's just a stupid idea, bottom line. Of course, that's my opinion.

It's no longer the old days. Times have changed, and martial arts have changed accordingly. Doesn't mean that you cannot defend yourself against someone on the street. But that is different from knowingly and willfully entering into an underground no rules tournament. I just see it as idiotic.

Personally, I train in martial arts, not for the fighting aspect, but for the fulfillment it gives me. I'm a good martial artist...I've been training for more than 10 years. I know how to fight in a tournament, and I know how to fight on the street. In a tournament, I will stick to the rules. On the street, I'll kill you. I'll gouge your eyes, I'll dig my fingers in and around your throat, I'll cup your balls with my hand, and squeeze and rip as hard as I can, I'll break your bones...or if you catch me at the right moment, I'll just shoot you. There is a difference, and I think that the line shouldn't be crossed purposely.

I'm (now) a pacifist. The most profound effect that martial arts has had on me, was instilling humility. You can talk **** to me all you want. You can call me a ******, you can call me a WOP (I'm Sicilian and black), you can say to me whatever you want...and I won't hit you. It's not worth it. I know that if I hit you, I'll end up in jail, because I won't stop until you are incapacitated. I'd rather not go there. Words don't hurt me, I'm not a child. The only way I will lay hands on someone is if they touch my fiancee, or my family. Other than that...I just don't see the point. If you want to enter into an underground tournament to hone your skills...that's your choice. I just don't think it's a good idea. Nothing will change my opinion on that, nothing at all. But you are free to do what you want.

If I were in your shoes, I'd just get a few buddies, and have a fight club. At least then, you know that the other guy isn't going to kill you.
    e-matt.org

Do you think your wutang sword can defeat me?

Originally posted by unlawfulbreak
    aaron
    its good to hear that you wouldnt do it but, what if someone forced you into a real streetfight battle. also what if you could not run away from the fight. yes there are rules out in the world but in a fight like my father said to me either kill or be killed. i know its a wrong thought about a fight, but when your out on the streets people are out there to take somethings away even your life to go with it. So streetfighting has helped me sharpen my skills and endure more pain than i can ever imagine. I can take pain to a point i love to get hurt. call me a sadomasocist. But i look at a pain as necessity to my everyday life. i just think that streetfighting has it benefits and its darkside.
    UNLAWFULBREAK
    During my three years of high school (I'm in 11th but it's almost June). I have advoided getting into a fight.

And believe me it has came insanely close a couple of times. But everytime I was able to calm the guy down and without even a punch thrown.
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."
    -Dave Chappelle on Tyrone Biggums

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

Martial arts have softened since the old days so why would it be a disgrace if we trained or competed traditionally without the fancy smancy gear that was probably only thought of after wing chun.

1. It's no longer the old days
    2. We don't KNOW what the guys in the old days were like. Time, lack of recorded history and rumors have distorted a whole lot of things. I would bet these masters of old were no better than the professional fighters of today.
    3. martial arts haven't softened - humans have. They have TV, games, etc. living now is much more cushiony.
    4. In MMA, there's no fancy gear - mouthpiece, gloves and a cup.

Alot of poeple have suffered from injury but after a while they get back in shape and recognize where thier skills are.

That's no different from any organized fighting venue - thai boxing, pride, ufc, collegiate wrestling, judo, etc.

So what if all of us (not saying all are) are sanctified and claer headed but just have no other training results from new age training and regular tournament fights. what if we need a sharper edge than other's to become perfect.

what makes you so different from the likes of tyson, gracie, silva, etc. That you need something "deeper"?

he faught his way into the team and is almost invincible if his fight ever touches the floor.

unbeatable by you guys, maybe. unbeatable by others? I doubt it. If that's the case, he should be fighting pro, getting paid and making a name for the ironwind clan.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Lightbulb Street fights...

Those that insist that street fighting and underground fighting are good for any reason are simply reckless in their thinking. Firstly concerning street fights, to begin one you must start a fight or go looking for trouble, this alone should be completely against your art. Secondly, and this goes for both street and underground fighting, you have no idea of your opponents capabilities or psychopathic tendencies so you have no idea what is going to happen...is he going to pull a knife, is he not going to stop until I'm dead? Who knows, its just a stranger.

My father's Sifu, known only to me as 'mad Eric,' everyone thought was indestructable in the art of Wing Choon. He entered an underground street fight for money, subsequently lost and died of internal bleeding three days later in hospital. So what's the answer? Only start a street fight if you know you'll win? Only enter an underground fight if it's safe? How about this...just stick to sparing in your Kung Fu club, you now your still being challenged in your art and you know you're not gonna die. GL

I can't believe you guys are actually responding seriously to this kid.

C'mon......The Iron Wind Clan?

Too much Final Fantasy being played in that kid's house.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

My MA and my lifting coencide and I do anything that show my strengths in private.
    I thoguht about it but, it would break the rules i agreed to when beginning My fight sessions.
    Do you remember saying that? That was your response when you were asked whether or not you compete. Why is it that you are now allowed to compete?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

well odin
    thats high school im talking in a dark alley or sometimes in plain day or bars etc. that one day that you will meet or someone will throw that punch. what would you do would you take and look at them surprisingly or would react to it with a strike in self defense. well its good that you had a teenager calm down but some people are different and believe me i was a bouncer and i had my fair share of my fights and some were not pretty. streetfighting is a good and bad just like anything that we do.
    UNLAWFULBREAK